“Excellent food!”

Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went for Sunday brunch, and the food was amazing! The meals, even some of the "normal" options, had little twists that made them unique and even more delicious. We had to wait to get in and the restaurant is a bit noisy, but the food makes up for these slight inconveniences. Highly recommend!

2  Thank Michelle S
There are newer reviews for Morning Star Cafe

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am from AZ and have never experienced a tastier huevos rancheros type breakfast. The breakfast that I had was called chilesaquiles sp? I believe. It was phenomenal! The cinnamon rolls were to die for and the MI cherry coffee was amazing...we took a pound back to AZ! I love this place and will be back next time we are in Grand Haven. Carrie helped us and she was awesome!

1  Thank sake2015
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Morning Star Cafe is definitely worth the wait in line. Everything is mouth-watering and delicious! You won't regret your visit to the cafe. The lines are long because it's so popular, but once you taste the food you'll know why!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had heard a lot about this place, but this was my "virgin" trip to the Morning Star Cafe. You could tell it was a popular place by the number of people waiting for a table, but it was certainly worth the wait. The food is fabulous! It is breakfast with a Southwestern flair. Very innovative. Definitely not your typical bacon and eggs place (but I bet they even do that exceptionally well). The corn bread scramble was simply scrumptious. They also have an interesting lunch menu, but it's hard to imagine that anything can top the breakfast selections. Definitely worth a drive.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Place was busy but didn't wait more than 10 min to be seated. Wait staff was very attentive and friendly. We ordered Star Omelette, Biscuits and Gravy with eggs and a cinnamon roll. Food, coffee, prices, and service were great. I look forward to returning next time I'm in the area.