“Ample Walnuts Delicious Frosting”
Review of Morning Star Cafe

Morning Star Cafe
Ranked #1 of 106 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Muskegon, Michigan
“Ample Walnuts Delicious Frosting”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We live ten minutes away but just recently made time Sunday to indulge in this foodie paradise. Leave your Mia & Grace prentention at the door and enjoy the cuisine. Apple crepes are fab but the carrot cake pancakes with cream cheese naughtiness were to die for. Waitstaff is friendly, knowledgeable and happy to see you. Love the fact they leave the coffee pot at your table, we sipped a bit of delicious Hawaiin coconut infused brew...Rambling on her but be sure to go before 2 PM. Our bill was $23 plus tip. The eggs benedict (they make the sauce not out of a can ) desserts and huevos rancheros will be my next endeavor. All scratch made with love. Take out available but the people watching is par excellent! We watched an entire crew settle in from Grand Rapids, they said it was sad they had to drive so far to get a decent meal. Couldn't agree more!

Grand Haven, Michigan
“Great Restaurant For Breastfast”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have been going to the Morning Star for a number of years. Breastfast there is especially good. They are open for lunch, but not dinner. There generally is a line for Sunday breafkast, but the wait is not long. Their omelettes are exceptionally good.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT cinnamon rolls!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I came to the area to visit my college roommate. We're both foodies so I told her to take me somewhere great and I'm glad we came here for breakfast. I ordered a basic breakfast burrito which was okay, but I was saving myself for their cinnamon rolls. My friend told me they were to die for and she was so right! I wish I has brought one home with me!

“SW Theme in SW MI”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, so we knew we were onto something. The decor is SouthWestern, murals and mosaic tiles made of broken fiesta-ware, and lots of cacti. On unbroken, multi colored fiesta-ware we were treated to a breakfast menu with not many of the usual suspects - bacon, eggs, pancakes - although they were there; the features are omelets with lots of SouthWest ingredients in different combinations. I went with a Cadillac, which I'd explain, except I'd ruin the surprise for you. Portions were not huge and overpowering, but right sized for the taste experience. The best part is the taste. Service was happy, friendly and fast, even for a crowded Saturday morning. 2 of us got out of there for <$25, including a 20% tip.

• Visited February 2013
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Fresh, local, healthy Amazing!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We have visited Morning Star numerous times for breakfast - outstanding fare- but decided to drop in for lunch ( they are not open for dinner).
My husband and I split a "Southwest Burger", a chipotle seasoned turkey burger , with jack cheese and cranberry mayo all on a fresh onion roll. This came with a side of cranberry sauce and blue tortilla chips.
It was amazing!! Can't wait to go back!
Lots of fresh choices, yogurts, berries, breads and great desserts! Coffee is perfect... Many choices of brews and flavors served in bright Fiestaware
We often sit at the bar in back and watch the food being prepared! Don't miss this hidden gem in grand haven!
Thanks Sarah for friendly, fast service !