“Great Restaurant For Breastfast”
Review of Morning Star Cafe

Morning Star Cafe
Ranked #1 of 106 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Great Restaurant For Breastfast”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have been going to the Morning Star for a number of years. Breastfast there is especially good. They are open for lunch, but not dinner. There generally is a line for Sunday breafkast, but the wait is not long. Their omelettes are exceptionally good.

• Visited March 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT cinnamon rolls!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I came to the area to visit my college roommate. We're both foodies so I told her to take me somewhere great and I'm glad we came here for breakfast. I ordered a basic breakfast burrito which was okay, but I was saving myself for their cinnamon rolls. My friend told me they were to die for and she was so right! I wish I has brought one home with me!

“SW Theme in SW MI”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, so we knew we were onto something. The decor is SouthWestern, murals and mosaic tiles made of broken fiesta-ware, and lots of cacti. On unbroken, multi colored fiesta-ware we were treated to a breakfast menu with not many of the usual suspects - bacon, eggs, pancakes - although they were there; the features are omelets with lots of SouthWest ingredients in different combinations. I went with a Cadillac, which I'd explain, except I'd ruin the surprise for you. Portions were not huge and overpowering, but right sized for the taste experience. The best part is the taste. Service was happy, friendly and fast, even for a crowded Saturday morning. 2 of us got out of there for <$25, including a 20% tip.

• Visited February 2013
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Fresh, local, healthy Amazing!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We have visited Morning Star numerous times for breakfast - outstanding fare- but decided to drop in for lunch ( they are not open for dinner).
My husband and I split a "Southwest Burger", a chipotle seasoned turkey burger , with jack cheese and cranberry mayo all on a fresh onion roll. This came with a side of cranberry sauce and blue tortilla chips.
It was amazing!! Can't wait to go back!
Lots of fresh choices, yogurts, berries, breads and great desserts! Coffee is perfect... Many choices of brews and flavors served in bright Fiestaware
We often sit at the bar in back and watch the food being prepared! Don't miss this hidden gem in grand haven!
Thanks Sarah for friendly, fast service !

Kalamazoo, MI
“First time won't be the last time”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was looking for a great breakfast place on a Saturday morning and happened upon the Morning Star Cafe. Did expect a wait; however, we were seated within 10-15 minutes. The menu is huge, so be prepared to study it for a while. Enjoy the coffee while deciding what to have for breakfast. My husband enjoyed the Cadillac while I preferred the blueberry pancakes that morning...splurge on the Michigan Maple Syrup...it's so worth it. Loved the decor and relaxed feel of the restaurant. All ages are welcome, and we definitely saw all ages. The Carrot Cakes looked awesome, and next time I'd like to try to the stuffed French toast. Had my husband been in a chorizo mood, he would have tried something else, but we were pretty tired from our evening before. In addition to breakfast, they also serve lunch items, which I would love to try another time. The restaurant is open until 3pm daily but many of the lunch items were only available Monday-Friday. We recommended this place to friends that planned on being in Grand Haven Sunday for breakfast. What a great local place!

• Visited February 2013