“Great Pizzas” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Kirby House
Ranked #18 of 104 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Kirby House is the place to meet and eat in Grand Haven. A community favorite for excellent food, live entertainment, and simple relaxation with friends and family. Formerly a historic hotel of note, The Kirby House retains its old world charm, while providing all the pleasantries of new world fare and hospitality. Within walking distance of the shores of Lake Michigan, The Kirby House transcends the level of simple restaurant, and is the destination in Grand Haven for all things fun. The primarily American influenced menu is incredibly diverse and is exemplary in its attention to culinary detail and passion. Good times and laughter are located within.
Brighton, Michigan
“Great Pizzas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have been to the Kirby House many times. The service is always good and the servers are friendly and helpful. We really like the pizzas but last night I tried the French Dip sandwich. It was good but I would have liked the beef shaved finer.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gregory G, Public Relations Manager at The Kirby House, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thanks for the review. We appreciate the feed back. Hope to see you again soon.

Norton Shores, Michigan, United States
“Great pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a great place to go for a glass of wine, pizza, and a beautiful view ! Downstairs there is music at night and a great happy hour. I loved the pizza buffet in the winter! The garden salad is my favorite with chickpeas. I also enjoyed the garlic white pizza with chicken.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matt D, Public Relations Manager at The Kirby House, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write us a great review.
Novi, Michigan
“Dinner on the rooftop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friend and I went away for a fall ladies weekend and are so happy that we chose to go to The Kirby House for dinner on our last night. We ate on the rooftop, watched the beautiful sunset then watched the musical fountain. It may have been the last weekend for the fountain as it was after Labor Day and was getting chilly outside. Our waitress was attentive, the drinks were good and I was thrilled to find a gluten-free pizza. I hadn't eaten a pizza in so long and it was delicious! We ordered the tomato/basil one. I had never been to Grand Haven and enjoyed every minute of it. We walked downstairs and thought it was beautiful and cozy. When I return to Grand Haven with my husband I will bring him to the Kirby House again!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the great review. We love the photos you took. Hope to see you again soon.
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I went to the Kirby House for her birthday dinner. The food is excellent as always. (we live in Grand Haven). Their fish dinner is always good. Since it was her birthday, her meal was free.

Visited August 2013
Glad to hear you had a good dinner with us. Hope to see you again soon.
Churubusco, IN
“Dinner in Grand Haven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very busy on a Saturday night. Had a 35 minute wait, not bad. It was a little confusing entering, not sure of the options between the 3 different restaurants and having to choose before putting our names in. Kind of felt like we were holding the "regulars" up since they already understood how that all worked. Once seated our waitress, Stephanie, was very attentive. Portions were large. I had nachos, couldn't even finish half. Husband had the chicken stir fry, he really enjoyed. Son had one of the burgers, was cooked correctly as ordered and he thought it was good. Had no issues with the food quality. Would love to return to try the upstairs area and sit outside.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your great review. We look forward to seeing you and the family again soon.