“Greasy pizza if you like thin crust”

Fricano's Pizza Tavern
Ranked #10 of 104 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Believed to be the first pizzeria in Michigan. Thin crust, REAL cheese, the BEST pizza anywhere!! They have been here since 1949. The other Fricano restaurants are off-shoots of this one-the ORIGINAL
“Greasy pizza if you like thin crust”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I've come to conclusion there are many great pizza with Fricanos being one of them. The trick is keep a variety going. Fricanos one time next Clover bar then Scribs and so on. They are all good and can be best at any time.

• Visited November 2013

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“My favorite pizza for over 20 years”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Now that I live out of town, Fricano's is a must stop for me every time I return to visit. Some people just don't get it, and to all their own, but it's almost like a cult following for some people. Newbies will ask what you want on your half and I stop them right there by saying "I'm getting my own pizza, pepperoni and sausage, well done, with a side of anchovies, so you feel free to get your own with whatever you want". Our last visit was with a group of friends and family for a birthday party and it 's fun to hear how everyone likes theirs and the combinations people come up with with a menu of only five toppings. EBA, double crust, extra cheese, well done, the list goes on and on.....The restaurant has been the same for as long as I can remember and some of the employees have been there just as long too. I'm already craving my next pie from Fricano's......

• Visited September 2013
Grand Haven
“You call that a pizza??!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I went there and were surprised to find that the menu was a placement that was placed in front of us. I've never been there before nor will I go again; the pizza that was delivered was paper thin crusted, covered with few items and just not what I expected. I'm not from Grand Haven and have been to Chicago and love their pizza but not used to this here. The locals may love it, but again; I'm not from here and this pizza was not what I expected!

• Visited October 2012
Centreville
“The best pizza ever!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a little off the beaten path, but well-worth the trip! I'm not sure what it is, but we were here 6 days ago, and I am still trying to figure out what was so unique about their pizza that I can't wait to go back. Topping are very limited, only one size (12 inch), and bags of chips and drinks are the only other items they sell. When we arrived about 5:30 it was less than half filled, but had a waiting line out the door an hour or so later when we left. If you like thin- crust pizza you will LOVE this place!

Visited August 2013
holland
“Soggy crust, greasy, and bland.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were excited to try Fricano's pizza but were very disappointed. I was expecting a thin, crispy crust but the pizza we received was burnt on the outside and soggy underneath. Soggy? Yeah, I dont know how a crust so thin could not be cooked to a crisp but it was limp and dropped under its own weight. This was for a carry out order. The amount of oil used was also disgusting. The oil coated the cheese and oozed off each slice. By far the worst pizza we've had in a long time. We ended up throwing the pizza out and going to another restaurant for dinner.

Oh, forgot to mention they don't take credit cards. Cash or check...well, we won't be using either at this establishment anytime soon.

• Visited August 2013