“You call that a pizza??!!”

Fricano's Pizza Tavern
Ranked #14 of 107 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Believed to be the first pizzeria in Michigan. Thin crust, REAL cheese, the BEST pizza anywhere!! They have been here since 1949. The other Fricano restaurants are off-shoots of this one-the ORIGINAL
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I went there and were surprised to find that the menu was a placement that was placed in front of us. I've never been there before nor will I go again; the pizza that was delivered was paper thin crusted, covered with few items and just not what I expected. I'm not from Grand Haven and have been to Chicago and love their pizza but not used to this here. The locals may love it, but again; I'm not from here and this pizza was not what I expected!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a little off the beaten path, but well-worth the trip! I'm not sure what it is, but we were here 6 days ago, and I am still trying to figure out what was so unique about their pizza that I can't wait to go back. Topping are very limited, only one size (12 inch), and bags of chips and drinks are the only other items they sell. When we arrived about 5:30 it was less than half filled, but had a waiting line out the door an hour or so later when we left. If you like thin- crust pizza you will LOVE this place!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were excited to try Fricano's pizza but were very disappointed. I was expecting a thin, crispy crust but the pizza we received was burnt on the outside and soggy underneath. Soggy? Yeah, I dont know how a crust so thin could not be cooked to a crisp but it was limp and dropped under its own weight. This was for a carry out order. The amount of oil used was also disgusting. The oil coated the cheese and oozed off each slice. By far the worst pizza we've had in a long time. We ended up throwing the pizza out and going to another restaurant for dinner.

Oh, forgot to mention they don't take credit cards. Cash or check...well, we won't be using either at this establishment anytime soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

One of my favorite pizzas. Yes, it is always the same, but it is wonderful! You know exactly what you will get. We always order: everything but anchovies. It comes in only one size, it comes only with thin crust. The pizza items are on the paper place mat. No draft beer, only in the bottle. So, keep it simple .... great pizza!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I give it 4 stars only because this is a Grand Haven/Spring Lake tradition. For those that grew up here or have relatives here, this is a place people always go.

It is unique - I have never had pizza like this anywhere else. It is worth a try if you want to eat where locals do and not where tourists go. They do only serve one thing - and not alot of variety in that.