“Black mold on my bottle of Sprite!!!”
Review of Sam's Tacos

Ranked #76 of 104 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“Black mold on my bottle of Sprite!!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was in the restaurant today with my two young children for lunch. We love Mexican food, as my family is part Mexican. We had never been here before, so we were excited to try it out. They only serve bottled drinks here. I was half way through my bottle of Sprite when I noticed the bottle was covered in black mold!!! Absolutely disgusting. There wasn't a manager available to handle this so the poor young girl had to attempt to rectify it. I spoke on the phone later to the owner, who was very nice and apologetic, but tried telling me it was dirt. It was absolutely NOT dirt. He did acknowledge that there was mold on there and that he took care of the problem. Those that were also in there may have been told it was dirt, to save the reputation, but it was 100% mold. I know the difference.

• Visited June 2013

Grand Haven, Michigan
“Authentic!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had dinner at Sam's Tacos tonight with my daughters and it was delicious! We were welcomed warmly, enjoyed our complimentary basket of chips with house sales and 5 different sauces of varying degrees of heat, and got our dinners in a very reasonable time frame. My 3rd visit to Sam's and will be back! The Soppes dinner is the real deal!

• Visited November 2012
“Nachos & Coke”
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Grabbed a nachos & coke on a hot summer day. The nachos were better than most. I would stop again if in the area. It's a tiny place and might have 10 seats, maybe. There was a little wait time to get the food but have seen worse.

“Best Mexican food in west Michigan!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Always great authentic Mexican food. I have been taking my family there at least twice a month for over a year. For a while it was every weekend. We live 20 miles away but it is well worth the drive. No cheap food all high quality.

Grand Haven, Michigan
“Dont Eat here”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Horrible Service, order got screwed up and then they said they wouldn't fix it and i had to pay for it. Had to threaten calling the BBB and owner before they took it off the bill.

• Visited July 2012