“Pretty good lunch”

Ranked #8 of 106 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We just ate here upon arriving in Grand Haven. Saw the high reviews on Trip Advisor and though we would give it a try. Pretty good food; white chili is a must have. Other than that it was pretty much the same as any other place. Very nice view of the water. Wonderful service. I recommend the halibut sandwich.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Wife and I ate here on our last night of our stay in Grand Haven. Wasn't sure what to expect, but can safely say this was the best meal I've ever had in my entire life. Started off with the white chicken chili which was a 6 out of 5 stars. Then, just as I thought it couldn't get any better the bacon wrapped pork I ordered as my entree came out and I think I blacked out at that point from the sheer amazing-ness of it. It was cooked to perfection!!! I will make this a must stop destination in the future!

1  Thank Greg H
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Arrived around 5 pm. Quickly seated. Appetizer (shrimp cocktail) took a long to arrive but was tasty. Had jumbo scallops (weren't very jumbo) but tasted great! Seafood Penne was amazing! Love seafood? Come here!

1  Thank Mtz85
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great black bean cakes. Loved the seafood penne. Option of being seated outdoor seating. Fairly decent drinks. Good place for couples or adult groups. Located on the water near the downtown area.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I were en route back from a weekend at friends in White Lake, MI. We come out every year and have been exploring the nice towns along the lake. We were attracted to Grand Haven by the lighthouse and the Coast Guard station. We parked downtown and walked out to the lighthouse and around the town. Wow, what pride the townspeople have in this town. It is a tourist's delight in all the good ways.
After walking for an hour and a half, by 2pm, we had worked up an appetite. I cannot tell a lie, my wife had been here 2 years ago and liked it But she wanted to share it with me. It was a sunny day in the low 80's and we were hot from walking. But there was a cool breeze from the channel (lake) and we felt if we sat outside but in the shade we would be fine. So my number one point in this review is make sure you ask for a table in the shade and anticipate what the sun will do during the hour or so you eat. The shade screens are great but some tables are not shaded completely so you will be uncomfortable. It must be an issue since I saw a sign that said "no table hopping" with a frog sketch. So clearly this is an issue (but minor).
My wife and I split the scallops appetizer and the chicken quesadillas . Both were excellent but I think splitting is the way too go. The quesadillas were great but I think you would have too much if you just got these and not enough variety. But hey that is just me. Throw in a rum runner, and a couple of local micro brews and you are cooking.
Our waitress, Paige, from Grand Rapids was engaging but not obtrusive. She was a great sever and helped my wife select a beer by getting a sample.
Bottom line - we really liked our experience and can highly recommend this resturant.

2  Thank Ken T