“Nice location and that's, sadly, about it.”
Review of Bil-mar Restaurant

Bil-mar Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 106 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lansing, Michigan
“Nice location and that's, sadly, about it.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We walked here from our hotel on a beautiful, sunny day and were happy to have a seat on the deck. The other positive? Our waiter was nice. I ordered a margarita, my husband ordered a bottle of beer. I sent the margarita back; it was pretty awful. For dinner, we ordered the fish taco and a hamburg. The fish taco comes in kind of a bready thing vs a tortilla, but that was o.k.; the cabbage mixture was very good, if there was fish in the fish taco, we missed it. As for the hamburg, well - along with tomato & lettuce, the customer can choose 3 other options. I forget what our selections were but it came with just American cheese, which is not what we ordered. The hamburg itself was pretty tough although it did have a good 'grilled' flavor. We definitely would not return.

• Visited May 2013

Grand Haven, Michigan
“On the deck or down below”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I love the seaweed salad!! The ambiance is comfortable and the fireplace is a warm welcome in the winter.

Visited February 2013
GRAND RAPIDS
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

For many years we took my side of the family here for Mother's Day --- this year I wanted to restart the tradition with my wife's side. Our party was 14 people. Since my wife has a medical condition and must follow a vegetarian style meal, I emailed ahead to see if this could be accommodated. I got a positive response, and my expectations were up. In reality, they have NO VEGETARIAN ACCOMMODATIONS. Or, for $12 you can order a (small) side salad and bowl of soup. Throw in an appetizer and you're over $20. The rest of my party didn't think they're meals were anything special either. Plus --- where can you go and get a 6 month old Bud-Lite? They probably bought the saltines (that came with the soup) at the same time ----- they were very stale.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CHARLES M
spring lake
“Yum”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

New chef - great service - Wonderful View and the food and company we had were GREAT....
try it - you will like it!...Alanna and Joe

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kookwan
“For those REALLY SPECIAL occasions :)”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

A restaurant for those special nights. The food and atmosphere are AMAZING! The views are breathtaking. We have held many special events there. Would be great for a rehearsal dinner, anniversary party or birthday celebration. The owners are exceptional! Every time I call with a request they are always willing to accommodate to the best of their ability.

• Visited October 2012