“I was ignored, didn't receive receipt asked for, didn't receive items charged for, didn't receive properly packaged”
Review of Did's Deli

Did's Deli
Ranked #65 of 107 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Overpriced the oldest woman in the deli came behind two girls at the register after ignoring me at the counter,, didn't give me my receipt for almost $30 charged, paid in cash. We believe she humiliated two employees in public at our witness at the register. WE ordered a tuna salad that had no meat whatsoever in the pint container filled with salad dressing, oversized macaroni shells, approximate five peas. The potato salad is inedible. The Cole slaw was spilled inside the juice soaked bag all was placed into, including two sandwiches. And two cookies . One sandwich, Reuben, consisted of very little meat. The BLT on white was more bread than filling. Left a message on answering machine last evening, no return call. Called deli in morning, no call back. Called again and asked if manager in charge wasn't busy to come to phone, the grouchy older woman got on phone and asked me my name, I gave it to her, after leaving my message, name and number night prior. She hung up on me after I said my name. She hung up! I called back and she answered. I said you hung up on me! She said, "yes, we don't take telemarketing calls." I told her I am not a telemarketer. I am the woman who left a message twice with no return call after receiving a procedure at the hospital, stopped to get food on our way home. We were disappointed and wondered why no return call. She said she was busy and kept repeating that. Denied humiliating employees in front of us when I jogged her memory of our charges, when she admonished her employees in front of us for not having all the bills in her till facing same way. Total disregard for our poor service, kept repeating she was busy. Never solved. I plan to go back tomorrow, Saturday, since they never gave me a receipt, I am saving what didn't get spilt, we ate the two sandwiches though disappointed, he ate our underbaked cookies. Very disappointed. Not even a return call to us once. I live in Holland. I wouldn't recommend this business to anyone. Sincerely, A.T.

1  Thank Calliegi

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have been going to Did's since I was a kid - my mom would send me with a a list of what everyone wanted and some cash, and I was off on my bike to get the bset lunch EVER! The place hasn't changed a bit, and in this case, that is a very good thing. The sandwiches, side salads and meatballs are the best I have ever had, and I love that the fridge has not only Diet Coke, but also Dog and Suds Root Beer. If you are vacationing in the area or need to find a place to grab lunch on your way through, this is so worth the stop - grab your food and head to the beach, the park or eat in.When my family and I go on vacation, this is exactly the type of local place we love to visit again and again. And it is so easy to find, just a block off US-31. My personal favorites are the Turkey Reuben, Egg Salad, Streaker and potato and macaroni salads. Did I mention I love this place? :-)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Best French dip in Grand Haven ! Lots of Great Sandwitch's to choose from .This is no fast food Sub shop ,But the orders are made as you watch,and you can "have it your way"every time! I recommend this place whenever I am asked for a place to get a good Deli stye sandwich ! Not the cheapest in town but one of the very best!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Thick slices of bread and classic sandwich meats and salads served in a retro-style (not just style, actually) sandwich shop. We've been going there off-and-on for a few years--fresh, tasty sandwiches every time. Last week our family had a pulled-pork sandwich and an egg-salad sandwich; one of us orders the egg-salad sandwich from no other place. Order at the glass food case, pay at the cash register, take food to table. There is a book exchange table (take one, leave one, free) in case you've gone through your vacation reading too quickly. Old-fashioned (bland) coffee the only downside we experienced. A relief not to be in one of the ubiquitous sandwich preparing franchises when trying to get away from it all.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Did's is a great deli that is perfect for lunch. They have a lot of wonderful food to choose from, great Chicken Salad as well as soups to choose from.