“Great lunch at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Porto Bello

Porto Bello
Ranked #21 of 104 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cadillac, Michigan
“Great lunch at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you're looking for a very nice spot for lunch in Grand Haven, and especially if you like Italian food, Porto Bello is the spot. We stumbled on Porto Bello while spending a day exploring shops in downtown Grand Haven, on a rainy day in the fall of 2011. We had a lovely meal, and so returned when we were back in the area in early February 2013. The first time around I tried the baked ziti; I liked it so much that I ordered the same dish again, and my wife joined me this time. It is served with complementary warm bread and a large tossed salad. The portions of the ziti were large enough that we had leftovers to bring home. Best of all the price per person was under $8 -- with the added fresh tomatoes and basil on the ziti it was $9.20 each, which seemed like a steal. There is a nice selection of both red and white wines by the glass (or the bottle), also reasonably priced. As we've dined there in the off season, the outdoor seating has been closed, but from all appearances there are lovely outdoor tables when the weather is good. We will definitely return!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank DJP1979

East Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusted”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to Porto Bello tonight with a few friends hoping to have a delightful time. It was awful. It took an hour to get our food. Once we got our food, I literally took one bite and was disgusted. It was absolutely objectionable. It made my stomach sick; I went to the bathroom several times that night almost vomiting. The interior was horrid. There were dead bugs in the window and nothing was clean. The food is way too overpriced. I could make a better meal at home. When I left and drove out back I saw the chefs smoking outside, and I looked in the windows of the kitchen, let's just say McDonalds has a cleaner kitchen. By far this is the worst restaurant I have ever been to.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sam J
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Nice meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in to Porto Bello to purchase a gift certificate for a Christmas gift and got sucked right in by the yummy aromas coming from the kitchen! Nice meal with a glass of red, nice atmosphere, lovely!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Porto Bello - just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

At best - just ok. I had ordered the chicken cacciatore, which was listed as a house specialty, and what I got was a plate of noodles with a chicken breast covered in spaghetti sauce. Not quite what I had expected. My wife was a little more satisfied with her selection. Meals did come with salad and bread. The bread was quite good and served with a whipped garlic butter.
Overall, I guess that I had expected more in terms of quality. One would probably be more satisfied with a meal at their local Olive Garden.

Visited September 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best Italian food I've ever eaten!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just spent a week travelling to several different cities on the western coast of Michigan. This restaurant was so good, we ate there twice! Best fetuccini alfredo I've ever eaten. Lasagna was also delicious. Server was attentive and friendly. Prices were reasonable for amount of food received. Ate outside one evening and it was beautiful.

• Visited September 2012