“I Loved it !!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Grand Blanc
Salt Lake City, Utah
“I Loved it !!!!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

When I first walked in there was a very nice young lady at the front desk, that was just drop dead gorgeous!!!! The pop machine wasn't working which was a bummer..........But India was at the front desk and she let me get free juice and water out the breakfast room....anytime i needed anything she would be right up with it!!!! This was a better experience than the last time I stayed here in November!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Front-desk gal extremely helpful upon check-in. Room was clean and large with a seating area and desk. Micro/fridge in the room. Great water pressure in the shower which is always appreciated. Pleasant experience overall. My only negative comment would be regarding the television channel selections. Plenty of sports/news channels but minimal other choices.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank PlayingSpades
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We (two adults and two adult children) needed a place to stay for one night, while driving from the Twin Cities to Pennsylvania. The objective was to get two clean, reasonably priced rooms where we would get a good night's sleep.

Son was concerned that this property was in a city that has fallen on very tough economic times, and might have some safety issues. His fears were unfounded. The area was fine and was not a problem at all. Our rooms were functional and clean.

Sarah at the front desk deserves a special thanks. As in previous reviews, staff may be limited in number, but not in willingness to be of service. We saw that our daughter had opened a window in her room; when asked why, she said it really smelled like cigarettes (I agreed that indeed it did). I went to the front desk to see about it, and both of our rooms were cheerfully and very promptly changed. Clearly, we had not bothered Sarah at all with our request (though she, and we, weren't happy with the previous guest who thought the room rules did not apply to them). Thanks, Sarah!

Later found a crumpled cigarette pack behind the minifridge in our room, although there was no odor of smoke present. I would say that we had no issues with this motel at all - only issues with past guests.

Stayed May 2010
1 Thank mimsydee
Allen Park, Michigan
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I was just looking for a place to sleep close to Swartz Creek MI so I could get an early start for the ASSENMACHER 100 mile bike ride on a Sunday morning. I didn't really any expectations for Grand Blanc Comfort Suites other than a bed and maybe a bagel in the morning. The place was clean, reasonably filled with guests, easy to find off I-75, and the rooms were average, but at a good price. When I walked in, the assistant manager greeted me pleasantly, almost like I was family -- very genuine. She asked questions about my trip, my plans, my needs, and then listened.

In my case, I didn't know the area and instantly, she had directions from map quest to the ride. I needed ice for my cooler. The machine had just been emptied by another patron. I would be leaving before breakfast was open. We discussed a few things and she asked me to stop by the desk when I woke up. The phone was ringing and it was late, but I was not being ignored -- nor were the other patrons on the phone.

There were other things going on with other guests and she was tending the front desk, so I unloaded the car and sort of watched things as I walked by carrying stuff. Issue after issue systematically got addressed and resolved. She was working hard doing things you don't normally see a night clerk (pr even an assistant manager) doing.

In the morning, a different gentleman (I think he was Andre) was working the front desk, had breakfast set up early just for me, they had pulled or bought a bag of ice AND the machine was full. Wow, I can't tell you how impressed I was with this place.

During my stay, I observed a polite courteous and the flexible staff of two people (night & day clerk) work very hard to attend to food, children, next-door-room noises and other issues. They treated everyone I saw professionally and with respect. They almost made it look effortless, although I'm sure it wasn't.

As a multi-year Comfort Suites Gold Member, I visit a lot of the Comfort Inn and Suites family brands AND also their competitors. Some are memorable, and many are not.

It was my impression based on my short stay here at Comfort Inn & Suites in Grand Blanc, that their passion is making every customer's stay a memorable experience. THIS PLACE WAS FANTASTIC!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Ride4Health
Petoskey, Michigan
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I stayed for just one night at this particular hotel. The front desk staff was so friendly and upbeat. It was such a breath of fresh air after traveling several hours to be greeted by someone who seems to like their job.
The room was clean and very relaxing, it didn't look outdated and overall made you feel at home (as much as possible). The hotel is off the highway but far enough away where you didn't hear too much highway noise. I would recommend staying on the first floor if you have heavy bags because there is not an elevator.
The breakfast had a great selection and had eggs, biscuits and gravy, etc. It is definitely worth the price you pay.
I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the area for business or pleasure.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank traveling1128
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Each time I come to Grand Blanc I stay here. No problems, friendly staff and most important...clean. The only drawbacks that come to mind is that there really isn't anyplace to go for a walk. You have to drive somewhere for that and there aren't many channels on TV. There is a decent golf course nearby as well.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mikeandwife91
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This hotel was very clean, very comfortable, very friendly staff and the breakfast was fresh and well presented..

We were here for the Back to the Bricks car show in Flint and this locatiion was great...close to the events and good restaurants but, still a very quiet place to rest your body and mind...at the end of the busy day...

Everything we needed was right at our reach and we would highly recommend this hotel to anybody that is here for a great Michigan holiday...

We went to Frankenmuth...Fabulous...this is a great state to visit...

We are from Canada and it was well worth the drive to Michigan...

Thank you Grand Blanc and the Comfort Inn Hotel...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Best Western Davison Inn

Been to Comfort Inn Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!