“Very Disappointed/Really Have Gone Downhill”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fajita's Tex-Mex Cafe
Ranked #81 of 96 Restaurants in Grand Blanc
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Have eaten here many times but, not recently till now. Always had great food & burgers before.

Stopped in for burgers right after lunch rush. No1 there but, one table. Waitress quite inattentive--more interested in people sitting @ bar area ignoring us.

Waited more than 30 minutes for two burgers with no explanation for wait--arrived without condiments asked for. On top of everything, meat really tasteless and blah.

Will not go back to even attempt regular Mexican meal.

2  Thank ecat-Flt
There are newer reviews for Fajita's Tex-Mex Cafe

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We ordered take out. Our enchiladas sauce taste like marinara sauce, salsa was for sure store bought. I expected better quality food and was let down. We called and complained, then took all our food back and got a refund.

3  Thank Danielle D
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nothing here was downright terrible. Perhaps my biggest disapointment was the service. During a lunch rush, I could have accepted less-than-attentive service. But our threesome arrived before lunch hour, when the waitress had only a couple of tables, and we still had to wave her over and ask for anything we needed. The food was hot enough, but everything tasted as if it came out of a frozen bag or can. There's way too many better restaurants out there with way better food and service.

4  Thank anne4JC
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have eaten here several times in the past and the food was excellent ----- not today! We took my Dad there for his birthday and this is how it went. First, there was one server but there were only two tables and one booth with customers. Took the server about 20 minutes for our drinks and then about another 20-30 to take our orders. We waited and waited for our food and I finally got up and chased her down and asked her to bring us chips and salsa since she never bothered to ask. This is how dinner went --- three of us ordered shrimp Fajitas - the shrimp consisted of those tiny canned salad shrimp -- everything was over cooked and sure did not look appetizing. We had to ask for drink refills, she didn't ask if we needed a box or if we would like dessert. The real kicker was that there was 11 of us and she automatically received an 18% tip ---- she should have been fired. We will never eat there again.

3  Thank TKBAKE
Lisa6956022, Manager at Fajita's Tex-Mex Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

I would like to apologize for your unacceptable service and food on behalf of the staff at Fajitas Tex-Mex Cafe. I see you stated you have visisted Fajitas Tex-Mex Cafe several times in the past and the food was excellent. I am sorry this one experience will stop you from visiting us again, and I truly hope you will come back and give us another try. I have investigated this situation and took action so this will hopefully not happen to anyone in the future. I will say along with your 11 people, there was a group of 8, a group of 6 and a few other smaller tables that all walked in within 26 minutes of each other. Without reservation with a bigger table; we did not have the extra staff, which we would have, if we knew everyone was coming. I have managed Fajitas Tex-Mex Cafe for 23 years and strive to make every experience the best and to exceed expectation.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

lousy service... bland food. I have not been there in 3 years. It is the closest restuarent to my house, and I drive by it at least 4 times a day. I hardly even notice there onthe corner anymore.
It will take a lot to convince me to try it again...

5  Thank sdhstang