All reviews the breakfast area family suite nice breakfast would stay here again flint grout wedding hallway furniture units
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Restaurant, bar, conference center, & other amenities. I had a burger at the restaurant and it was very good and reasonably priced, considering it was a hotel restaurant. I felt very safe staying here compared to other hotels in the area. This will be my go to hotel for my future visits to Flint.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2019

I stayed here three nights on a MI State Bowling Tournament trip. It looked good when I booked it, as they said renovations would be done by early 2019. Not so. It is about 60% complete in my estimation., as of 1/12/19
The front desk is nice and the breakfast area (just completed last week, I heard someone say) is also nice. Many other things still need work.
As for the rooms, the doors on the second floor to rooms are very loose. You feel as if you pushed on the door real hard, you wouldn't need a key. I can positively say that the beds in the room are new and nice, though.
In my room - a family suite - the carpet was pretty old and the bathroom had not been remodeled yet. The grout on some of the bathroom floor was missing, the tub was old and had some little pieces out of it. The shower head was old, but did have good water pressure. The TV in the front part of room turned on, but wouldn't receive satellite/TV channels. I called and they came up and it was because the receiver was plugged into a non-working receptacle (maybe remodeling guy forgot to attach?)
The heater/cooling unit in the room worked OK, but I think the temperature setting on it was off, because on a 30 degree day, to get heat to come on, it had to be over 74 to give heat and then it gave too much - had to turn to cool for a while. Also, there should be some kind of heat in the other bedroom - there is only an air conditioning unit.
The pool visit was nice except that I don't think the pool had been cleaned in a while and was old (yellow stains on side of it.) Did find a little string, some hair and a cup in the pool, but overall the water was decently heated and OK.
All rooms by the pool (1st floor) are being worked on, so those must be the first that are going to be totally remodeled from end to end (carpet, tile, furniture, etc.) At least my room had new beds! It was quiet mostly. I was right over the entrance door but didn't hear much, except occasionally. Kids were running up and down the 2nd floor hall on Saturday night, but they stopped later on.
We used the lobby for my 50th birthday party and the staff was really nice about that, so that is appreciated as well.
I will say - every day, there were people working there. After breakfast on the last day, some men were installing more electric outlets, TVs and signs in the breakfast area and putting in a payphone!
Overall, should be a nice place when done.
Currently, though, it is overpriced for what you get.
(I probably should ask for some of my $$ back or maybe should have done it during my stay, looking back.)
I would stay here again, when all is remodeled - with new tile, carpet, furniture and fixing of the doors and changing heat/cool units in rooms, it should.be great! It is only getting three stars for current condition - staff was nice.

Room tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room, if available
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2019

Hi Tim P,

I appreciate your detailed review about your stay with us. However, I'm really disappointed that you were not able to enjoy your visit because of the ongoing renovations and the issues you had with our carpets, rooms and amenities. Our goal is to provide a trouble-free stay, and what you described certainly fell short of that. We don't want this to happen again so I alerted the management team and staff about your dissatisfaction. We will be using your feedback as a reference so similar situations won't occur again.

Thank you for being our guest and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to host you once more for chance to provide you with a much better experience.

All the best,

Joel A

Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

This was a last minute decision to stay overnight, but glad we chose this hotel. Clean spacious and reasonably priced. Kinda right in between great lakes crossing shopping area and birch run outlets. Nice breakfast in a spacious dining room. Front desk reception and foyer are being remodeled and so under constuction, but dirt contained for the most part.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2018

I checked in on Friday; 10/19/2018 for a week-long stay. There were noise issues each night, I was awakened throughout the night with crashing sounds. I did not complain at first, just assumed that it was weekend visitors. On Monday night 10/22/2018 just after retiring to bed, there was a knock on my door, the Manager said that she received a noise complaint and wanted to know if there was an issue going on in her room, I assured the Manager that she was alone in the room and was in bed trying to go to sleep, that the noise is coming from a nearby room. Grrrrrrr! The next morning, Tuesday 10/23/2018 I complained to the front desk; I received a follow up from management offering to relocate me, the only problem was the location was potentially noisier than where I was at, so I declined the move. I also informed them of the mold issue in the bathroom (see photo attached) and the gap beneath the entry door, so large that someone could peek into my room, thus I had to put a towel down for privacy (see photo attached).

Room tip: Try a different Hotel
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2018

Hi H3LLYEAH,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave a feedback about your recent stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied. Issues with the rooms soundproofing, cleanliness and service was a disappointment to you. I am sorry that we fell below your expectations. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Many Thanks,

Ronald R.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

We stayed here one night, we were completely unaware of the construction that was going on, even though I had called a week before to change the number of nights we were staying. The room was really nice, but there was a significant amount of noise, dust, dirt, and debris throughout the hotel due to the construction. I utilized my discounted rate through my business, however, even then the rate seemed high given the construction. I would come back once the construction was completed, but only if I was in the area.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Hi Brad R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your thoughtful comments about our room is appreciated. We want you to feel at home when you visit us.

Our goal is to create the best possible stay and we’re working hard to improve our hotel. I am sorry you were not made aware of the ongoing renovation and for the inconvenience caused. Our staff is working hard to minimize any impact our renovations may have, and we appreciate your feedback.

Please do come back and visit us again once renovations are complete so we can provide you a more positive hotel experience.

Best,