All reviews the breakfast area family suite nice breakfast would stay here again flint grout wedding hallway furniture units
Selected filters
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

This was a last minute decision to stay overnight, but glad we chose this hotel. Clean spacious and reasonably priced. Kinda right in between great lakes crossing shopping area and birch run outlets. Nice breakfast in a spacious dining room. Front desk reception and foyer are being remodeled and so under constuction, but dirt contained for the most part.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2018

I checked in on Friday; 10/19/2018 for a week-long stay. There were noise issues each night, I was awakened throughout the night with crashing sounds. I did not complain at first, just assumed that it was weekend visitors. On Monday night 10/22/2018 just after retiring to bed, there was a knock on my door, the Manager said that she received a noise complaint and wanted to know if there was an issue going on in her room, I assured the Manager that she was alone in the room and was in bed trying to go to sleep, that the noise is coming from a nearby room. Grrrrrrr! The next morning, Tuesday 10/23/2018 I complained to the front desk; I received a follow up from management offering to relocate me, the only problem was the location was potentially noisier than where I was at, so I declined the move. I also informed them of the mold issue in the bathroom (see photo attached) and the gap beneath the entry door, so large that someone could peek into my room, thus I had to put a towel down for privacy (see photo attached).

Room tip: Try a different Hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2018

Hi H3LLYEAH,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave a feedback about your recent stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied. Issues with the rooms soundproofing, cleanliness and service was a disappointment to you. I am sorry that we fell below your expectations. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Many Thanks,

Ronald R.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

We stayed here one night, we were completely unaware of the construction that was going on, even though I had called a week before to change the number of nights we were staying. The room was really nice, but there was a significant amount of noise, dust, dirt, and debris throughout the hotel due to the construction. I utilized my discounted rate through my business, however, even then the rate seemed high given the construction. I would come back once the construction was completed, but only if I was in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Hi Brad R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your thoughtful comments about our room is appreciated. We want you to feel at home when you visit us.

Our goal is to create the best possible stay and we’re working hard to improve our hotel. I am sorry you were not made aware of the ongoing renovation and for the inconvenience caused. Our staff is working hard to minimize any impact our renovations may have, and we appreciate your feedback.

Please do come back and visit us again once renovations are complete so we can provide you a more positive hotel experience.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed October 21, 2018

Granted the place was under heavy remodeling, but when you are in the business of customer service, you should do much better. The front desk was in a room on the first floor as the lobby was closed. There may have only been 1 person working in the entire hotel, I am not sure, but it took 20 minutes before I was even noticed as waiting to check in! Typically a Holiday Inn would immediately recognize me as a Priority Club member, but not this time. It as not a great check in experience. The room was recently remodeled, but missing furniture. The shower was not remodeled, and it was gross! The only good thing was the new bed, which was very comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Hello David W,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part your visit here in Grand Blanc. Glad to have been a host to one of our IHG Rewards Club Members! We are grateful for your business with us!

As always, we wanted nothing more but to ensure your experience turn as positive as possible. Though it made me smile that you found our beds very comfortable, I'm sorry that you felt this experience was not among your bests. I regard your comments about the missing amenities and outdated shower despite. This is despite the room being newly remodeled. I also came across your thoughts about lapses in service and missing out to recognize you as among our members. Yes, even though we are currently renovating, we take the extra step to make sure your experience will not be compromised by this. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as well as I have hoped it to be, David W.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed amongst all concerned staff. We are always on the lookout for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. As soon as the hotel is 100% finished, I will be looking forward to your next visit and I'm positive to make it better than this.
Best regards,

Frank A.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

My wife and I stayed here for just one night. We're familiar with the area and know this is a relatively NEW hotel - walk inside you'll still get that feel - wander down the hallway and reality hits you. Tape everywhere, elevator filthy, get up to our floor and there's construction stuff at the end of the hallway, tiles broken, door chipped, bathtub YELLOW and for the icing on the cake: we both had disgusting bites from God's knows what (see pictures for all). We walked down later that same night and no one was at the front desk. Left in the am with no one there again. Expedia contacted - they contacted a manager - request for refund denied. No one bothered to apologize or ask to see what we were talking about. No one acknowledged that that is in fact what the hotel looks like. If you're in the area, please, stop in and tell me what you see and please don't be mistaken that 'it's a new hotel it'll be great'. We were too and let me tell you - we will never be going anywhere near this place again.

Shout out to Expedia for being the absolute worst as well. We call them to issue a complaint because everything must be dealt through them. I tell the rep that I have pictures and would like this to be addressed and I'm told "we'll get back to you via email". Didn't hear anything back (no one asked for the pictures) and received an email stating "your refund was denied". Call Expedia to see why and I'm told they were "complying with hotel policy" when asked why the pictures weren't shared or why I wasn't at all contacted in between I was told (BY A SUPERVISOR) that "your pictures could be fabricated and there's no way to validate they are real". When I asked about time/date/location stamps on pictures he responded "well those can be modified as well". Needless to say, Expedia does not have their customers' back nor will they take responsibility for advertising places such as this Holiday Inn to be good places to stay. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place like the plague (it's infested like one) and definitely don't put your traveling needs in Expedia's hands.

Room tip: avoid this place
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

chazbo14,

I'm disappointed to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay because of the construction and inadequate conditions of your room. What you described certainly isn't what we want for our guests. I've noted your feedback and shared this with the hotel. They will make sure that actions will be taken so this does not happen again. Also, a private message has been sent to gather more details about your experience.

We would like to make it up to you, so when you visit the area again, I hope you give us another try. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!

Regards,