“Job Well Done!”
Review of Big Boy

Big Boy
Ranked #44 of 96 Restaurants in Grand Blanc
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed August 14, 2012

would like to give my Highest recommendations for Karen & Chip, Mgr,'s for their Professionalism & Great Customer Care Service.
Big Boy's is lucky to have Karen as a employee.

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Terrible food! Pretty good, service. Don't go here! Sooooo nasty! Go to a more decent resturant, then this crappy junk food.

1  Thank defriez
shogunB, Owner at Big Boy, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Hello,
Our family has been serving food in GB for several decades and one thing over the years has stayed true, WE CARE! It is very important that 100% of our guests leave with they feeling that we care and will do our very best to make them happy. We would really like to know specifically what we can do to change your opinion: What was the day of your visit, What time of day was your visit, Who was your server, What did you have to eat, What can we do to make you happy!

Big Boy

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I've dined at a few other Big Boy restaurants which do not measure up to the Grand Blanc Big Boy in any way. The staff is exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Doesn't feel like a chain restaurant. The menu has a nice variety to cover a wide range of appetites. Breakfast is probably the best value and the weekend morning crowds are testimony to this.

The recent addition of veggie burger substitutions is FANTASTIC. The veggie burger is freshly made, not just a frozen Boca or Gardenburger. This is going the extra mile and hugely appreciated. Any burger on the menu can now be vegetarian/vegan friendly. Two enthusiastic thumbs up to Big Boy for offering this option.

The desserts are great, too, and the milk shakes are everything a milkshake should be - made to order.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Keep your eye on the bar...the salad and buffet bar, that is...

I tried the seafood buffet (friday nights between ash wednesday and easter).

If you load up your plate as soon as you come in, quite a few of your selections will be cold, and not fresh tasting at all. I've come to the conclusion that it is best to grab a cup of chowder, or salad, and sit down and watch the bar until some fresh trays come out of the kitchen. Don't wait too long... because the locals have figured out this trick and scoop up the goodies when they are fresh. Some items are refreshed quicker than others, hence the cold items as mentioned above.

Waitress service (to refill your cup) is good here, though it helps if you are seated near the bar and kitchen areas.

The price of just over $10 for the seafood buffet is a pretty good deal. The seafood buffet includes items such as fried clams (my favorite), baked and fried fish, shrimp, and some other seafood items. The salad and soup bar is included. The bar includes jello and strawberry shortcake desserts.

The restaurant is older, and features the iconic "Big Boy" statue near the parking lot entrance. The building is on a downtown corner with the parking lot wraping around behind. The parking lot circulation is a little odd, and with many older drivers parking here, you have to drive defensively.

2  Thank flintjarvis
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My youngest daughter loves Big Boy so we used to visit this one at least a couple times a month. Keeping food quality expectations at chain restraunt level, we have had good days and bad here. Our last visit was pretty bad so we haven't returned in a while. I ordered buscuits and gravy and it was not even edible, the buscuits could have broken a window they were so hard. When I informed our server she offered to bring me something else to eat. While that was a nice guesture, the rest of my family had finished eating so I didn't expect them to wait for me to order again, wait for the food, and then eat. I was surprised that she didn't remove the meal from my bill. I was a little frustrated to pay for something of such poor quality so we have not returned to Big Boy since then.