“disappointed”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Flint, Michigan
“disappointed”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I would first like to say the atmosphere was perfect, the service was good. First let me say that I think that the wait staff should explain items on menu like for instance I ordered the honey crisp walleye, now my husband and I are walleye fishermen and woman, so we eat it all the time, but I could not eat my walleye at your restaurant ,because I had to fight with the bones and I did not get to eat my meal. Had the wait staff came back to inquire on it I would have sent it back. You came highly recommended to us, and since it was my birthday my husband elected to take me there, but at this point I definitely would recommend to my friends do not order walleye if you want to eat and enjoy your meal. On our way out the hostess asked how was our meal and we let her know. The other thing was they did not inform me that you served non-alcoholic drinks after offering the wine list and I informed them I did not drink. I hope this helps in the future not to say I wont come back my husband enjoyed his steak.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank cakelady584

Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Excellent evening”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Luca's Chophouse gave us a wonderful evening with an excellent menu which met everyone's needs, near perfect service, good drinks and a perfect pace. When dinning out with friends and family, we don't like to be rushed or have to fight a noisy atmosphere in order to enjoy each other's company. Luca's fit the bill to a tee. while a more expensive menu than many of the other local options, it was well worth it for the excellently prepared food and comfortable surroundings.

• Visited December 2013
South Venice, Florida
“Disappointing Easter Brunch”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

This is an instance when a restaurant should stick to what it does best. The food at Luca's is usually a strength. The Easter Buffet, however, was pretty weak. Limited offerings and staff seemed just to be going through the motions. We'd go back to Luca's for dinner sometime but next year will find a buffet somewhere else.

3 Thank dgcrawf
Mumbai
“An afternoon of quiet elegance”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I happened to be visiting family in the town of Grand Blanc in Michigan and decided to have a meal at leisure at Luca's. Turned out to be an excellent experience. To begin with a great choice of international as well as in-house wines. The appetizer's were terrific. The sauce dipped Artichoke was very tasty accompanied by adequate amount of quality crusted bread.
We concentrated on the fish mainly. The order took some time to come, but the wait was worth it. The preparation was impeccable. The quality of brown rice used was very good and the saute vegetables were perfectly done. The honey sauce given separately in a bowl was thoughtful .
One of us ordered the fried shrimp . Good number of prawns, very crispy and great to taste.
Thoroughly enjoyed the service. The ambience of the restaurant is real cool. Large, spacious with a good looking bar at the entrance and the actual eating a few steps inside. All in all a wonderful experience indeed. An added attraction to remember was the first light snow-flakes of the year 2013, as seen on 23rd October, just as we stepped out of Luca's post lunch !!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank gharya54
Medina, Ohio
“Great food, quiet atmosphere”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Incredibly good food, somewhat pricey but worth it for a very fine meal. I had seafood and steak. Service was perfect. Only criticicm would be place was so quiet, you could hear everyone's conversation with no background noise and close tables.

• Visited June 2013