“Great place to eat”

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Goodrich
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am surprised about the negative reviews. i go there often with my wife for dinner. We consider it one of the hidden gems in the area. The food always is well prepared and the service is top notch. If you want a unique taste order the fried dill pickles. I just can't say enough nice things about this restaurant. The owner is almost always on the premises and runs a well organized restaurant. I guarantee you will not be disapointed.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

My previous review I had removed before it was posted, felt it was too scathing. After all restaurateurs are people to.
With that being said, dinner for both my wife and I was one of the worse we have ever been served in a restaurant.
The beef smelled like a livestock hauler or a pig farm, which ever is worse. When asked how I wanted the beef cooked, I responded "medium rare to the rare side". I don't know how she got "brown throughout with a hint of pig farm" it really didn't matter it wasn't edible.
We had eaten there two months ago. Although it wasn't much better then, we really liked the atmosphere and felt we should give it another chance, and we did.
The unfortunate thing isn't the money wasted on bad food, but the hard work that I'm sure goes into running a restaurant, especially in tough economic times where every dollar matters. Come on Cranberry's, step up, or close up, nice building, horrible food.
We will not! be back.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This Quaint Restaurant Exceeded Our Expectations!

While Camping Nearby, I Asked Two Young Teenagers From The Area, "Where Would You Go For A Romantic Dinner?" This Is Where They Recommended..... My Husband Was Game Once He Heard It Was A Bar/Grill Besides Being A Cafe...

The Atmosphere Has An Italian Flare, But What Warmed My Soul Was The Middle Aged, Friendly Waitresses! Our Waitress Was The Owner Patty And She Was Fabulous!! Go On Wednesdays.....All Bottles Of Wine Are Half Price!!!

I Ordered The Cranberry Salad With MY Signature Cranberry Schnapps Cocktail And Their Famous 4 Cheese Onion Soup.......Delicious!!... The Soup Was Like drinking A Grilled Cheese Sandwich,...AMAZING!!!

My Hubby Had The Fish And ChIps. Very Good He Commented!..... The Price Was Reasonable, And If You Sign Up Online.....Patty Will Email You Coupons!!.... WE'll Be Back!l

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Disappointing service in an old historic building. Not worth wasting your life hoping to see your meal.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Planked Whitefish is just sensational. So tasty. Steak bits appetizer to die for. I usually get them with sauteed garlic on the side. That's all I need. Fresh Mojito's w/real Pirate Juice in July. I can only say good things about this place. It rocks with tasty entrees. The atmosphere is awesome. Someone told me that that bar -- solid wood, a true bar -- was from a place in the UP. imagine the history. I love everything about this eatery. Very comfortable. It's just off of M-15 in the historic district of tiny Goodrich. Convenient on-street parking. I wouldn't change a thing about it. I always recommend this place as a romantic restaurant for any or every special occasion. Definitely worth the drive.

1  Thank StepOnBusTours