“Forget Nona's”
Review of The Homestead

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glen Arbor
The Homestead
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glen Arbor
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I won a weekend at the Homestead... while the condo was lovely the clocks hadn't been adjusted to daylight savings and when I went to Nona's for my dinner they would not serve me and told me to go to a bar in Glen Arbor. The waitstaff at Nona's jerked me around when a meal at Nona's was included. They were still opened but the young bucks wanted to leave. When I complained to the management and asked for a raincheck I never heard back. I'd never go back. Nona's is a NO-NO!!

Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank luvhorses53
There are newer reviews for The Homestead

Reviewed October 19, 2009

Do not plan your wedding here. I agree with the reviews above that it is a beautiful place with LOTS of potential, but thumbs way down on management. Trying to book a wedding at this place is a joke. Send email after email, phone call after phone call and they never call back and there is only 1 person you can talk to and she is never available! Too bad, we are going to have to spend our money elsewhere.

3  Thank MIgirlDetroit_MI
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We attended a wedding/reception at The Homestead earlier this year. The waitstaff was rude, not flexible at all. They started to tear the table cloths off the tables, turn the tables upside down and roll away and the bride/groom and all the guests were still in the reception all. No one knew what to do. Very rude to the vendors the bride had hired. If you are a vendor, do not use The Homestead.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank jpwalton
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Overall, the Inn at the Homestead was a nice place however our stay was not very relaxing. We wanted a room overlooking Lake Michigan and got it however we did not know that the room also overlooked one of 2 swimming pools in the resort. Unfortunately, school has not started in Michigan and there were ongoing, loud shrieks from the time the pool opened in the morning until 10:00 in the evening. On our last night, several men talked and shouted loudly within the vicinity of our room. We finally called the front desk at 1:00 AM and they said that they would take care of it. We weren't sure if they did because the noice continued on until 1:30. I think that they were also staying at the Inn. We mentioned this upon check-out however just got an apology.

For the money, we won't go back.

We do recommend climbing the Dunes in Sleeping Bear Park if you are the outdoorsy type. Be prepared for a 2-3 hour hike and take water.

3  Thank lindalindalinda
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Glen Arbor is beautiful...the Homestead's property is exquisite. The service is horrible. Most of the staff is completely apathetic and complacent to your needs. Each time we ate at one of the restaurants, Nonna's or Manitou Cafe, we were continually asking for things (silverware, dishes, water, orange juice, waffles, coffee, coffee mugs, etc. ) and treated as if we were a nuisance. At Nonna's breakfast buffet, the food was only restocked after several customers had requested more. i have stayed at many upscale resorts and have never had such poor service in all regards (even housekeeping). The Hampton Inn's service in Petoskey was impeccable, I might add!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Royer50
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Coming in all the way from California we were eager to check-in and begin our stay only to be told check-in was at 5pm. I had been meaning to call beforehand but ran out of time to do so.

I have never heard of such a late check-in and could not find any check-in/out times on their website or on my reservation. After getting into DTW at 5am and driving upnorth a 5pm check-in ruined our start at the Homestead. The front desk did little to have our room cleaned and even let us know it was ready and it was not (it takes a good 20 min's to pack up at the beach and walk to the hotel lobby, then we waited a few more hrs to check-in).

The Homestead also has a check out at 11am and we had to get ready in the gym bathroom for a 5pm wedding (as one other reviewer said).

The grounds were great, the rooms nice enough but the maid service taking 5 hrs each day to clean maybe 15 rooms at Little Belle is a bit much.

Watch out for the pools with so many kids you can't sit down and they constantly had no towels. We gave up on the pools and just walked to the beach.

The front desk service always had a line and the workers did little to make our stay something we would want to come back to the Homestead for.

The area was amazing and Glen Arbor and the drives around it excellent. For the price we paid at the Homestead I am sure there are other better options in the area.

1  Thank jrowland262
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Just returned from The Homestead from staying at Fiddlers Pond. We had a King deluxe room which was spacious. The room was clean with fresh linen and towels daily. Their location is a short drive to the many shops of Glen Arbor, Sleeping Bear Dunes, and Glen Lakes. It is also a relatively short drive to Traverse City..I would say about 30 minutes.

We had breakfast at Nonna's.daily as it was part of our package..it was just okay and nothing to write home about. We had dinner at Boone Docks restaurant off the resort in Glen Arbor..pretty good meal for the money.

The accommodations are a bit pricey during the summer season but given it's easy access to Lake Michigan and various scenic views along with the manicured property I would say that it is worth a stay.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
#14 of 40 in Traverse City
M-22 Inn Glen Arbor
M-22 Inn Glen Arbor
#2 of 3 in Glen Arbor

Been to The Homestead? Share your experiences!