The Sylvan Inn Bed & Breakfast(Glen Arbor)(Great Value!)
$144
$211
Empire Lakeshore Inn(Empire)(Great Value!)
$177
$170
The Leland Lodge(Leland)(Great Value!)
$259
Honor Motel(Honor)(Great Value!)
$159
$129
$250
$212
$139
$129
Crystal Lake Resort(Beulah)(Great Value!)
$180
Northwoods Lodging(Beulah)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotels.com
Hotel Indigo Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$217
$200
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

All reviewsfiddler's pondlittle bellelake michiganbeach clubbeautiful resortsleeping bear dunesstony brook lodgeoff seasonski lifthawks nestcrystal rivergreat lakesshuttle servicethe entire resortwatch the sunsethousekeeping staffbedroom condo
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I just spent 4 nights at "The Inn" in "The Homestead". We wanted the fall weather experience and got it. Very quiet time for them and we appreciated that but found many attractions, restaurants, etc.....closed for the season. I knew most of this when I booked because I researched. We were in a first floor suite with kitchen and private bedroom and a terrace. View of Lake Mich. was spectacular from our living room, bedroom and terrace. I'm greatly missing it now. Nature abounds in every corner of the resort and additionally outside the resort and throughout the "Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore". Food in the resort was fine and we found some extra dining surprises outside the resort as well. We would give it 5 stars but a few complaints need to be noted....hope they will notice. The sofabed in the living room was very uncomfortable to just lounge on and similarly when we opened it up to nap on while enjoying the fireplace....very uncomfortable. There was only 1 closet in the entire suite and it was more of a small coat closet and didn't fit our clothes and coats. And it was located by the front door so dressing was awkward as the master bedroom and bath were at the back of the suite. The parking lot for this hotel was kind of far from the hotel. Very spooky at night. Our terrace door was difficult to lock, a bit of a security concern as we were on the first floor. Tube t.v.s in both rooms....very surprised as flat screens are so affordable now. Window treatments could use some updating....the blinds were somewhat misshapen. The rooms were clean but not perfectly so. We got a great fall rate but if we had paid top dollar we would have expected near perfection.

Room Tip: When booking be specific about water and/or any other views. If views are important to you as it was with us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allyson R
TheHomesteadMI, Director of Sales at The Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Allyson R,

Thank you for your visit, and for your comments. We are in the process of making updates at The Inn, and we look forward to sharing them with you on your next visit. We do hope that you will plan another visit soon.

Best,

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was my second trip to The Homestead and it was a great stay both times. Although the decor is rustic and maybe a little outdated it is very clean and the staff are very friendly and quick to solve any issues. This trip was with a group and it was very easy for me to work with staff to set up reservations and a private dinner. I would highly recommend The Homestead for family reunions, weddings, business meetings or any other type of group getaway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

nmarti8,

Thank you for staying with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We are always making improvements to our rooms and amenities, and we look forward to sharing them with you and your guests on your next visit.

Best,

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Homestead Resort is truly beautiful and a wonderful place to visit. We were married there 2 weeks ago. The Customer service at The Homestead surpasses that of Disney in my eyes! Family oriented and better yet, pet friendly! Wonderful vacation spot. Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: All the room are great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheHomesteadMI, General Manager at The Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Kyla M,

Thank you for choosing us to host your special day. We are thrilled and flattered to help you celebrate. Thank you also for this wonderful review. We always enjoy hearing from guests, but particularly when they have such wonderful things to say.

We look forward to serving you and your family again in the future.

Warmly,

Adriene Kokowicz
VP and General Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I decided to go here in the fall for our anniversary. The resort was recommended to me by a friend. I was told ahead of time not to eat at the resort because the food was not very good. The first night we went off the resort to eat. We came back and went to Beppi's for dessert. My wife ordered cheesecake. It came in three small pieces in a fry basket along with two paper plates. My only real question is why does a resort of this caliber even have paper plates?

The scenery is beautiful but can be seen all over the place not just at the resort. The room was nice but not nicer than any of the other places you could choose in this area. When I booked the room, I was given the choice of a balcony room or a lower room with a deck at fiddler's pond. I chose the balcony. When we arrived, we opened the door to the balcony to find there wasn't even enough room for my wife to stand on the balcony and me to come onto it with the door open. It was just ridiculously small.

If you're going to this area, I highly recommend renting one of the many homes on the peninsula or just getting a room in Traverse City. They are also deceiving in their advertisements for packages. If you check the website, they say the packages are valid April-October. When I called they said the packages are not available after October 1st. In short there are places you can stay in the area for a better price with the same or better experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TofferVance
TheHomesteadMI, General Manager at The Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear TofferVance,
Thank you for taking the time to review your fall visit to The Homestead. We were sorry to hear that your experience was not what we would hope. The Homestead does provide a wide variety of accommodations and there are time when are packages are either sold out or not available. That should have, however, been explained more thoroughly by the agent. Please know that we have taken steps to correct the service failures you encountered in the restaurant as well. We do hope to have the opportunity to host you and your wife again in the future.

Adriene Kokowicz

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went to the Homestead for a wedding and experienced a great weekend in Glen Arbor. The resort has everything you would want, from new couples to families. The area surrounding the resort is absolutely beautiful, you won't be disappointed visiting Glen Arbor.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JinCollegeHill
TheHomesteadMI, Director of Sales at The Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Jason M,

Thank you for visiting, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our property and the wedding. We appreciate your business and this great review. We sincerely hope that you will make the trip from Cincinnati to visit us again in the near future.

Warm Regards,