“Loved "The River"”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Loved "The River"”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This was our first kayaking experience, 2 adults & 3 kids. The customer service was excellent, very friendly & tried to find the best possible kayaking option for a family on a budget. The River also supplied free fishing nets for the kids & we actually caught a fish in it. My son had broke his, the man working at the River noticed this when we got back & replaced it without us asking. The trip on the Crystal River was amazing and surprisingly easy with 3 young kids. I will definitely visit The River the next time I visit Glen Arbor.

1 Thank TravelMomof3MI

Chicago Suburbs
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great place to kayak the gentle Crystal River and play "big" chess”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Nice family-owned place that will drive you "upstream" with kayaks and then you float/paddle your way back. Great easy river (more like a creek) for kids--much of the river was less than a foot high. My 8 year old made it almost to the end by herself (the last 15 minutes she switched out with me and my husband who were in a double). We thought it was very pretty and a great family 2 hour trip. They saw we were going to take our digital camera with us (in a baggie--stupid, I know), and they offered to let us use their waterproof case for free. They'll keep your keys so they don't take an adventure swim :). They have a giant chess set here that you can play for free, and some other mildly interesting things (ping-pong, a tepee, and old-fashioned glider/rocker). They have an arcade that we did not try. When you get back, there is a pizza place right next door where you can order a pizza and sit outside--a good way to end your trip.

Visited August 2011