“Terrible rip off!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place has up charges for everything! The food is typical diner fair and we spent over $60 on two sandwiches and 2 kids meals. We even drank water! They really have a lot of hidden charges!

1  Thank gretchbr

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I always enjoy going to Art's when Up North. Have a great beer selection that includes many of the local breweries that I'm not able to get except when I'm in town. The times we've eaten here for brunch, lunch, or dinner it has always been a good satisfying meal for decent prices and the bigger portions.
The service has always been great for us also. We're the kind of people that like to sit at the bar and talk with the bartender when ever possible. Last night we had the chance to meet Tim, the owner, and had a nice talk about the local beer scene. The rest of the staff was friendly and gave us good recommendations of their favorites on the beer menu.
Overall: fun, good natured place, good beer list!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Took our party of six to Art's on the first night of a twelve night stay on Little Glen Lake. As is well-documented on this site and prominently displayed on the door when you walk in, it's cash only. It was smaller than I expected but we got seated immediately on a Monday night. My wife and I had the fried smelt as a starter and it was great. I had the Whitefish Burger and it was just okay. But the tater tots were the best I've ever had, and as tacky as it may seem, I'm a tater tot freak. My wife had the perch sandwich which she liked alot. Our four 13 year olds all liked their meals, and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. Nothing fancy, but that's not what you're looking for when you go to a place like Art's. There is also an outdoor area for dining which was pretty popular. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

As others have mentioned, Art's does not accept credit or debit cards for payment. Be prepared with cash or a personal check. The atmosphere is fun -- we enjoyed spotting pennants from colleges all across the US on the ceiling. The service was good. The food wasn't anything to write home about.

1  Thank Allie H
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We really wanted to like Art's. Its atmosphere just screams "fun." But, the food doesn't live up to the hype. How can you ruin a burger and fries? By serving a tasteless lump of ground beef on a dried-out bun with wilted lettuce. And, the fries? Can't convince me they are actually fried . . . more like boiled. A french fry should be firm enough to stand on its own. At Art's they are limp, greasy, and don't come close to being "crisp." Even our young boys failed to finish theirs. Way over priced for what you get. Service is friendly and energetic, but that doesn't make up for mediocre food. I guess if you drink enough (the objective of many customers), then I guess anything tastes good. So, it you're going to Art's to party, then I suggest stopping at River Pizza and Deli to eat on the way, then drink yourself silly at Art's. Because, if you're going to Art's for the food, you'll probably be disappointed.

1  Thank PhotographerGoneWild