“Worst dinner of my life”
Review of Good Harbor Grill

Good Harbor Grill
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Glen Arbor
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Seasonal restaurant (May - October) featuring fresh and locally raised meats, fish and produce, Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily through Labor Day. Fall hours may vary, please call ahead.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst dinner of my life”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have no idea how this restaurant has so many positive reviews. This was hands down the worst dinner I or my husband have ever eaten. We came in with our two children on a Saturday night. Our server was friendly. We ordered two items from the kids menu and my husband and I each ordered a seafood dish (after reading the sign that seafood was their specialty). BIG mistake. The salad came out and was tasty, although I thought the addition of raw squash and zucchini was odd. Then our entrees arrived. My shrimp was HARD and the scallops were inedible. My husband had a pasta dish, and normally he will eat almost anything. He had a hard time even taking a few bites. We paid a LOT of money for such a horrible meal. We couldn't blame the server, it was not her fault. The "chefs" should be embarrassed by their lack of care. And what is with the piles of tortilla chips (from the bag) with the kids meal. Oy. Go somewhere else.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank juliebee123

The Woodlands, Texas
“Secret hideaway”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Secret hideaway. Great service excellent food easy menu spicy squash soup suberb. Give up the high end fluff across the street and dine here. I would rate a 10 and I am very a very picky eater. This restaurant is a vegetarians delight. But tons of meat items

“Awesome vegetarian options”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Came to Good Harbor after leaving another restaurant in Glen Arbor. This restaurant has amazing seafood and vegetarian options - try the vegetarian chili or coconut curry. Excellent wine list with my favorite bottle, M. Chapoutier "Belleruche." (Only $20! Much more reasonable than other spots in the area.) Definitely worth a try.

michigan
“Spotty Service and Sticky Table”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Arrived for breakfast and we were sat at a sticky sticky table that the waitress grudgingly wiped down making it slightly better. Nice setting and menu and hopes were high despite the table but the slow service didn't get every order right and barely acknowledged it. Food was good but pricey (which is par for up north we know just wish the service was better.)

Visited July 2012
Michigan
“It was just O.K.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I ate here and felt that overall the food and service was just o.k. We both thought the food was rather bland, the potatoes were not that great, and the salad was lacking. We definitely felt like for what we got...we paid way too much. Truthfully, what we liked most about our meal was the bread. Should we visit Glen Arbor again, we would not go back. We found other restaurants in the area in which the food tasted much better, especially for the price.

• Visited August 2012