“The food, service and ambiance is impeccable!”
Review of Blu

Blu
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Glen Arbor
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in Glen Arbor on the shore of Lake Michigan with panoramic views of Sleeping Bear Bay and the Manitou Islands, Blu has a location unparalleled by any Michigan restaurant. With thoughtfully executed cuisine, our award winning wine program and gracious hospitality we seek to excite, inspire, and transport guests for one memorable evening.European techniques fused with local ingredients and the finest from afar will influence Chef Randy Chamberlain's daily changing menus with an emphasis on the products, simplicity and flavor. The carefully chosen wine list includes vintners from around the world including local favorites as selected by Sommelier Mari Chamberlain.Since opening in 2008 Blu has received numerous accolades including a James Beard nomination for Best Chef-Great Lakes and high praise from Wine Spectator and Travel+Leisure. Blu continues to set the standard for fine dining with a modern interpretation in Glen Arbor; we look forward to your visit.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a delightful evening of fine dining! My wife and I celebrated our fifth anniversary at blu. It was a beautiful night, so we had reservations for the outdoor seating. The sunset was amazing, but the meal was the highlight of the experience. The food and presentation would rival the best restaurants in Manhattan, yet there we were in beautiful Glan Arbor, on the banks of Lake Michigan. For our appetizer we shared escargot, and it was the best we have had anywhere, including Paris! The seafood entrees we selected were outstanding. While I am not a big desert fan, I could not resist once I looked at some of the nearby tables. While blu is a bit on the pricey side, I highly recommend it, especially for a special occasion, but leave the little ones behind. Kudos to the Chef and Staff!

1  Thank sxmhawk

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We spent our anniversary in Glen Arbor and dinner at Blu based upon a friend's recommendation. Would return in a heartbeat. Small and intimate, excellent service and delicious food and presentation. Blu will make a dent in your wallet, but for a romantic special event it's highly recommended. Fyi, the crab puffs are "to die for!" If you request it, they will make a larger dinner portion.

1  Thank winkeltj
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We love to go here for their early prixe fix 3 course dinner. Still the same wonderful food, service and view but you won't put as big a dent in your wallet.

1  Thank bookgirl211
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was the perfect last night. The view is amazing. The food was wonderful. I loved the blue Crab Puffs and Blueberry salad. My husband and I shared the 20 ounce steak. Then he got the Sundae and I got the While chocolate dessert with cherry sauce. Both were Point-Worthy! But it is expensive. So best for a special night. Dinner for the two of us with no alcohol was $170.

2  Thank Bulgoggi
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We had the best meal at Blu and want a perfect night. We loved the fresh selections daily by the chef with local fare. Starters included fried green tomatoes, carrot soup and mesculin salad. The dinner we shared was lamb chops, striped bass and trout. Just the best quality and service was impeccable. Stay for the sunset and a great night out.

1  Thank Kgplough