“Great food, warm and welcoming”
Review of Clarendon Inn

and 1 more site!
Clarendon Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hebden B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business.

Checked in to my room which had a nice comfy double. Bathroom was small, but had everything required including a nice warm shower which i used the next morning.

Down to the bar for some Yorkshire Ale and crisps. I ate there that night and the quality of food and the price was exceptional for such a small place and it was full with diners all night.

Owner was kind enough to get up early on the Monday morning to cook my full English as I had an early start. Breakfast set me up for the day.

In summary. Friendly. A bit of character to the place with a lovely woodburner to sit in front of and drink Beer! But no Irn Bru?!?!?

Will use again if back!

Many thanks.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Family visit. Interior of this pub rather outdated and tired. Outdoor seats not best either (next to parking and main road) but food was good. Like home made dinner hence lack of finesse but I was sad when I have finished my beef and kidney pie. I wanted to enjoy it for longer! Soup seemed to be fresh made too. In summary: good home made like meal in not the best surroundings but worth visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped here for a meal and found they had rooms so decided to stay the night. What a great find, family run pub with excellent food and very friendly welcoming staff. Would definitely recommend and would certainly return. Great value for money and in a perfect location for exploring the area

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Owner at Clarendon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much to everyone who has taken the time to write such lovely reviews recently. All your comments are most appreciated.
We look forward to more great reviews and revisits

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Although we didn't stay at the hotel, we enjoyed an excellent meal. Fantastic variety of dishes to choose from everything from grouse to curry. The landlady and staff were very attentive and nothing was too much for them.

Would thoroughly recommend a visit even if it's just for a drink!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Having little success with full up restaurants in nearby Grassington, we were happy to discover The Clarendon. My fish pie was generous with lots of salmon and some white fish. Perhaps a third ingredient would have added variety, for example prawns. And just a bit less mashed potato. My friend's smoked chicken salad with chips got the thumb's up. With a beer, a glass of wine and a coffee the bill was a modest £32.
We sat outside next to the kitchen so we can vouch that the chef prepared everything from scratch.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank WinstonGlasgow
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stopped in here while doing a walk up Hebden Gill. Everything was spot on with a friendly girl bringing the food and offering helpful guidience for my walk. I felt at home and will go back. The location is wonderful, right on the road. The outdoor seating was comfortable, being nice and clean. Great parking if you are driving a motorcar.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2013

A lovely place. My wife and I booked a night at the Clarendon after searching for "dog friendly pubs" on google maps. The staff were more than helpful throughout our stay and extremely friendly. Great food cooked by the owner - the lasagne was "fantastic", according to my wife and the pork fillet roulade filled with black pudding & apricots which was simply delicious.

We spent the early evening outside eating and drinking in the sun along with other dog owners then moved inside to enjoy more drinks and hospitality - the locals were very friendly and welcoming. Our room was clean and comfortable, however the ensuite bathroom was a bit of a squeeze!

In the morning, we both enjoyed a lovely breakfast and the chef even did some scrambled eggs for our dog!

Overall, we had a fantastic time here and it was a great way to start our weekend break.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hebden
Black Horse Hotel
Orchard House Bed and Breakfast
Ashfield House
Ashfield House
#6 of 20 in Grassington

Been to Clarendon Inn? Share your experiences!