“Annual Christmas break”
Review of Riverwalk Place

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gladwin
Riverwalk Place
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gladwin
Flushing, Michigan, United States
“Annual Christmas break”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a beautiful facility, condo's are very roomy, clean, ,,,nice!! Have tried the grill restaurant before, experience very bad service (and food) at times in restaurant but also have good experienced in restaurant, usually go to different eating places in Gladwin because it has been "hit or miss"

Room Tip: all rooms are beautiful, have tried condo's and also hotel rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Meghan K, Public Relations Manager at Riverwalk Place, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Debbie -

Glad to hear that we are your annual Christmas getaway! We're glad you enjoy the rooms and hope that during your future visits your dining experiences meet your expectations - we're working hard to make sure they do!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We love frequenting the Riverwalk Place and we have made it a tradition now - not too far to get to - lovely accommodations, plus having the spa and cute shops - just a lovely time all around! Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Both the hotel rooms AND suites are lovely!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Meghan K, Public Relations Manager at Riverwalk Place, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Lynn - We are so happy to hear we are part of your Girlfriend Getaway tradition! See you again soon!
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Reviewed December 9, 2013

A really great place to get away:

Riverview rooms
New, modern, and clean
Great restuarant inside
Wonderful people

But the key to a great stay is the many extra services: massage, spa, shops, and much more! We will go back.

Room Tip: The suites are really incredible!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Meghan K, Public Relations Manager at Riverwalk Place, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking part of your day to write a review! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
thumb
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Rooms are always perfect and beds are so comfy. Nice people working in the shops. Spa was nice. Bar was nice besides the spa workers coming down and complaining about their day. Which made us feel uncomfy because we were there that day. Food was great and service was nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Meghan K, Public Relations Manager at Riverwalk Place, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
mel s - We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us... and we sincerely apologize for the comments made in your company. We will address that issue and hope that you can stay with us again soon.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Love it there, clean rooms relaxing atmosphere
excellent food and has shops to pass the time. The only thing that was missing was a pool. Gorgeous landscaping all times the year. They are always offering weekend packages

• Stayed November 2013
Meghan K, Public Relations Manager at Riverwalk Place, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thanks for the review! =)
Glad you enjoy your time spent at Riverwalk Place!
New York NY
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I gave my rating as an overall 5 but I do have a small reservation. Anyway, I'm from Michigan and I needed to pay a visit to this area due to somewhat painful personal reasons. I am familiar with Bay City and Saginaw and have been to Clare but don't really know Gladwin or Harrison. Neither of these towns seem to have much structure; my impression was stores on either side of a highway. But Riverwalk Place really stood. Before I arrived I noticed my reservation was for one night but I needed two. When I arrived I was told they had upgraded my reservation to a suite.

Riverwalk Place was intended to be condos but that fell through because of the economy so it was decided to turn the place into a sort of hotel. On the ground floor are two shops selling clothing and other articles along with a restaurant which I am told is about the best in the area. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to eat there and was disappointed in that. The back of the hotel faces the Cedar River which isn't very wide, at least not at this point, but is very pleasant to view while dining. There is a riverwalk and I am told that in both directions the walk ends in a park. It looked like a very pretty walk.

My suite was on the third floor. There was a large living room with a large and completely stocked kitchen and two bedrooms. Both bedrooms had TV and bathrooms and there was another bathroom for the suite. There was also a laundry room with washer and dryer. But what attracted me the most was the large balcony shared with the suite next door which overlooked the Cedar River. The balcony and view really are stunning and the balcony was furnished with lounge chairs, a table and chairs for eating and playing games and other chairs placed about this very generous balcony.

My one small reservation was that in the bedroom overlooking the Cedar River there was not curtain and shade covering the window. There obviously was a shade at one time because there was a cord still attached to a pulley. Once the shade is replaced the suite will be perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Meghan K, Public Relations Manager at Riverwalk Place, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
johndt41 - We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you can dine with us on your next trip. Thanks for the heads up regarding the blind - we will get that taken care of immediately.
Stockbridge, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have been to many spa resorts (kind of a hobby of mine) and the Oasis Spa inside of Riverwalk was an amazing experience. From the moment I walked into the building I was treated like a queen...from check-in to check-out. The changing room and the waiting lounge were so quiet and peaceful and relaxing and that was before I got my massage from the most amazing massage therapist...Carol. She is definitely an asset to the business. She has a very quiet and relaxing voice...thank you Carol for the best massage I have ever experienced. I asked the receptionist if I could view some of the rooms for future use and they are beautiful...all of the amenities one could ever ask for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Meghan K, Public Relations Manager at Riverwalk Place, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Michele - We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your spa/resort experience with us at Riverwalk Place. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, we greatly appreciate it!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gladwin
Quality Inn
Super 8 West Branch
Super 8 West Branch
#1 of 3 in West Branch
Lakeside Motel & Cottages

Been to Riverwalk Place? Share your experiences!