“Good night's sleep in a comfortable bed!”

Hampton Inn Gaylord
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Gaylord
“Good night's sleep in a comfortable bed!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Although we have stayed in much better Hamptons, the bed in this one was quite nice. However, this is partly because we had been on the road for over a week and sleeping in different beds and this was the first good night's rest we'd had in that week. But, the overall cleanliness of the hotel was just okay. The ladies room in the lobby still had trash in the waste can and paper towels all over the floor at 3 pm. After observing the elevator and hallways, we think housekeeping needs to do a better job. Our rooms were okay but again it appeared the floor hadn't been vacuumed. Desk staff were very pleasant. Breakfast is what we kind of expect from an average hotel like this. There aren't many places in Gaylord so if we had to stay here again we would.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The last time I was through the area was in April. And my thoughts that my stay would be pleasant, well I was not let down. The establishment was very clean, the staff most friendly and helpful and the price for my stay was acceptbale. I now am confident that anytime I am in this area and need to stay overnight, I will be satisfied with my stay at this location. If you are looking for a very clean, friendly and affordable lodging, then this is your place. Enjoy!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel met all my expectations for a good, roadside Hampton Inn. Room was clean and modern, staff was helpful and friendly and the loation is ideal for a stop off point on your way to a final destination with easy access to highways, restaurants, and shopping to pick up any items you may have forgotten. Be warned however that breakfast ends right on time and they close up shop, I have no problem with that, but don't oversleep!

• Stayed August 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, very nice room, clean and comfortable! We stayed here, passing through, some years ago, so we were happy to see the hotel very well-maintained. This time we stayed two nights, and the convenient location was excellent for exploring the area. Breakfasts both days were top-knotch, something we had been disappointed in at our previous Hampton. And again, I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff was!

Room Tip: Book early during the Summer, as I think I got their last available room, booking July 20 for an Aug...
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was newer than most in the area and it was reflected in the price. Unfortunately, I can't really endorse this property as being worth the $125 per night rate they charge.

Pros:
*Pool with hot tub that we had to ourselves
*Located in parking lot of large grocery/household goods chain store
*Next door to Bob Evans if you miss strict breakfast hours or just want something better

Cons:
*Carpet and furniture worn down
*Unfriendly desk attendants. I mean really unfriendly. Took two calls as I was standing in front of her waiting to check in. Not one smile.
*Breakfast area doors are closed 10 minutes after cut off time (they actually have doors)
*After discovering I missed breakfast by 10 minutes, I asked the front desk attendant for a small thing of peanut butter to get bubble gum off my child's face. She looked totally annoyed but got me some regardless. This is someone that should not be in the hospitality business.
*No thermostat in room. A very old and outdated AC unit with a small sliding temperature control (hot/cold). Not very exact and the room always felt humid.

I should have stayed at hotel X around the corner for $40 cheaper that looked just as new. Oh well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TROY
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very clean, comfortable beds, duvet covers are washed every day. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Great place to stay! We shall come back ,soon. I really don't have time to think of 200 characters minimum ,so maybe you should lower it down to like 100 or I will have to skip this entire review...... thank you......../.......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Grand Rapids, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn several times while on golf vacations with my wife and it is consistently excellent combination of value, location and accommodations! If you are looking for a place to stay in Gaylord while playing golf at one of the many area courses, this is an excellent choice. Rooms are always clean and up to date. The breakfast is included which adds to to the value. Easy access to good places for dinner too.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton