“3 day Stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Gaylord
Reviewed July 27, 2008

We arrived at hotel in the evening around 9pm. Didn’t have a problem checking in. Hotel was clean and very nice. We had 4 people and 1 small dog. We reserved a 2 bedroom suite, 2 queen beds, living area, kitchen, smoking room. We walked into the room and were shocked of the size of the suite. It was very spacious. The suite had 2 bathrooms, the 1st room looked like a regular hotel room, and then you open the door that lead into the kitchen / dining area, and there was a bedroom attached to that area with another bathroom. This was room 240 for anyone that wants a nice suite for a family. Also had a full size fridge and comes with dishes and silverware. In both rooms there were 2 box fans in each closet and the bedroom that was by the kitchen had a regular hotel a/c unit in it. The other room had a portable unit in it. It was kind of warm in that room.

Pool area was very nice. Pool was 8 feet deep and a cool temperature. The hot tub was very small. You could fit a max of 4 people. Game room is something to be worked on.

Free breakfast was a joke. They give you coupons at check in for free breakfast. The breakfast had biscuits, gravy, French toast, and hotcakes. No meat, no cereal, no juice. I recommend that you go over to Wal-Mart and get cereal or go to big boys for their breakfast bar.

We did have a few problems:

Room requested was a smoking room but upon arriving in the room there were no smoking signs everywhere. We called the front desk and they said that all suites were non smoking; we told them that our reservation said smoking, so they told us to go ahead and smoke. One of the chairs had a cig burn in it. Closet door was off track, Safe didn’t work, Door frame to kitchen area was broke, Dents in back of doors, Card reader by door # 5 didn’t work at times so I had to hit it and then it would work.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Bryan A

Reviewed March 10, 2008

My fiance and I were stuck in Gaylord during some terrible Michigan weather. After trying the Best Western, we were able to find a room here. The only room we could get was a smoking room, but it didn't smell as terrible as I was expecting. The room was a little old and could use some updating, but the bed and pillows were comfortable and the jacuzzi in the room was excellent after being in a car all day! It took a long time to fill up, but it was worth the wait. There are also restraunts and a Walmart close by. The prices were also very reasonable. I think we paid $65 for a queen bed and jacuzzi. The staff was pretty nice and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eleona01
Reviewed February 28, 2008

The room was not the cleanest and the bathroom was terrible. Dust everywhere. Paper thin walls . We stay 3 nights and after the frist breakfast though out the free breakfast slips and eat @ Big Boys. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2007

My boyfriend and I went away for the weekend, deciding to stay in Gaylord, Michigan. We chose the Quality Inn because it had a good deal on goverment discounts and it had jacuzzi suites. Upon arrival, they had our reservation, but it was a totally different price that I was told over the phone when I made the reservation!
We got into our room after a few tries getting into the building... and were assaulted by hot air. It was around 90 outside, and maybe 80 inside, with the AC on! The room was a suite, with a window in the main part, then the bedroom with its own door, with a bed and the jacuzzi. Both rooms had AC units, but neither were blowing out cold air. The room as also very dusty, like no one had stayed there for a while. We went to walk up to the front desk to see about the AC, and were told to put it warmer... here's a fan, etc. We asked about changing rooms and were told that we had the only jacuzzi suite! Oh, well! We decided to have a drink in the lounge.... bad idea! The bar was warm, dirty, adn they were out of everything! The doorjams above all doors in the hotel hhad about an inch gap, so you could see into the rooms! And our room was by the housekeeping/laundry area, which the iron or some machine kept making a loud wailing noise that sounded like a parrot screeching!!!
Overall, a horrible hotel! Do not stay unless you know it has had some renovations since June 2007!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ynafets01
Reviewed October 17, 2006

The room was not the cleanest . Dust everywhere. Paper thin walls . Heard everything in next room. Not much sleep. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank phonolady
Reviewed October 10, 2006

The motel was a newer and clean the people was very nice I had a problem when I booked the room the websight put me in a smoking room which I did not requst they made it right they put me in a non smokeing room that was theonly problem I had and it was not there falt. We went up to Mackenaw City and spent the next day there it was busy but it was nice up there I have'nt been up there in quite a while it grew quit a bit sence last time I went there we took in a show that was really cool my wife an I enjoyed it we shoped a bit they have alot of neat or different things we spent about eight hours there we did not go over to the island but they added extra times to handle everbody who wanted to go over to the island. We checked out the Mackenaw Bridge and sat and enjoyed the bridgeview for awhile the weather was kinda cool an overcast but over all it was a nice day. As we traveled to Mackinaw City we stoped to eat we found a nice mom & pop resterant where th towns people were eating the food was good and a good price. As we travel we have found that resterants that are kinda off the beaten path are nice to eat at and a good price with good porchens .

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple