“Toto, this isn't Mexican Food, it's only make believe!”
Review of la senorita

la senorita
Ranked #17 of 70 Restaurants in Gaylord
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Gaylord, Michigan
“Toto, this isn't Mexican Food, it's only make believe!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Read some of the reviews of La Senorita and decided to try it...That was a mistake as I like TexMex and this was so far from any authentic Mexican or TexMex. I was in shock when I saw celery in the salsa and it was almost sweet. I ordered the Chimi...well, it was ok, but not great. The meat lacked in taste. The beans and rice were ok but not more than below average. My daughter ordered Cheese Enchiladas...we were searching for the cheese even though the manager insisted there was a lot of cheese there...I put more cheese on a cracker than was in any of her Enchiladas. So, my first and last visit at this place. Nice facility, manager not customer oriented. Hate complaining but hate paying for food that's not right.

• Visited December 2013

Warren, Michigan
“Love the green salsa”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped in Gaylord on our way up to the U.P. and decided to get some lunch. My husband and I were so excited when we happened upon La Senorita. We used to go every time we visited my mother in law who used to live in Lansing. So it has been a while since we have been and I can say they didn't disappoint. We were immediately greeted upon walking in and shown to our table. Our waitress greeted us, took our drink order and brought those as well as a decent size basket of chips and salsa. I absolutely love their green salsa. The only place I have ever been that offers that. My Husband got the cheese quesadillas and I the spinach, mushroom & chicken quesadillas. Both very good and very large I might add. We both opted for the quesadillas because we just wanted something to tied us over for our long drive ahead. Seriously these were huge. They easily must have given us each 3 whole quesadillas each. Needless to say we both got to go boxes and had a nice snack for later. Service was good.

Saginaw, Michigan
“Great service good food”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We stop here any time we drive through Gaylord. The food is very good. The service is awsome. We look forward to our visits.

Ohio
“Mexican in Michigan”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were coming back from a Canadian fishing trip on I75. We stopped for the night in Gaylord and wanted dinner. La Senorita was close to the motel. We found it to be a nice average Mexican restaurant. It was neat, clean and had a complete menu. The prices were reasonable even for the drinks and the food was good. Service was prompt, efficient and very friendly.

• Visited August 2013
Traverse City, Michigan
“Lets get together”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were seated as we walked in. We had four glasses of water within five minutes and we had menu's. The specials were given and it seemed like fifteen minutes and we were being served. Our food looked very good, hot, and tasted fresh. The salads were very pretty and cold.
My dishes were clean.
Most times, when i go out to eat, I get dirty silver wear, or glasses. or even my plate. And, some times hair in my food. This visit was an awesome trip. Wonderful happy servers. Manager came around twice. Once when we had or food arrive, and once when we finished. Desserts were hard to choose, but, again we made a nice choice and it was a sure delight. ( we shared the dessert)