“Best food I've ever had.”

Bennethum's Northern Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bennethum's Northern Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Gaylord
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The best food I've had in a long time! The perch was very fresh. The bread, the crab cheese appetizer, the wedge salad ahhhh it's allll good!! The atmosphere is so cozy! Loved it. Romantic low lighting, lodge feel. I seriously can't say enough about the food. So. Good. But, don't follow GPS it goes the wrong way.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place has that classic "up north" feel to it, heck there is a stuffed black bear in the waiting area. While the menu is a bit pedestrian, the food is prepared very well and service is always friendly and efficient. It's become the only place I'll stop to eat between Ann Arbor and Mackinaw City. Easy access from I-75. Everyone I have taken there has enjoyed it as well.

It does have have some of the typical regional dishes, every northern Michigan restaurant has to serve whitefish and every Gaylord area restaurant has to serve schnitzel. That said, the pork schnitzel sandwich is outstanding.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our waitress, Sloan, was great. I have a food allergy and she (and, clearly, the chef) went out of her way to accommodate me. Everyone was extremely friendly. Décor is very cozy, nice bar area. There was a very large party not too far from our table, but the noise seemed to be absorbed and was in no way annoying. the beer selection was good and ice cold. We had the parmesan walleye with spaetzle and the alpen chicken...both were very delicious. Most choices in Gaylord are pretty dreary, this was a great find.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

When asking the locals where to eat we heard "you have to go to Bennethum's" a few times. We were not disappointed. Our waitress was very attentive. The menu had a wide range of selections and prices. The bread is the best! The crab and artichoke dip with pita chips is awesome.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Top recommended place from the young girl at the hampton. It was a great place. The jumbalaya was terrific and my wife's chicken santorina was very good as well. The portions were large enough with the home made parmesan bread that we did not have room for their house baked desserts.