“Very nice dinner house.”

Bennethum's Northern Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bennethum's Northern Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Gaylord
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had dinner here, and were very happy with it. Our server, Paige, was sensitive enough to notice our annoyance with a loud party at a nearby table, and moved us (without our asking) to a quieter table. She took very good care of us. The food was very good, and the wine list was more than adequate.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were referred to Bennethum's by a bartender at Treetops resort in Gaylord. I'm not sure we would have ever stopped there just driving by it, but we ended up with a great meal. We had 10 guys out for dinner after finishing up playing 99 holes of golf over 3 days.

We were seated in the bar area. Service was great. We had a mix of dinners from steak to pizza to perch. Everyone said it was the best meal they had on the trip.

We would definitely make a point of eating here again if we come back to Gaylord.

1  Thank 4mangos
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Turned out to be a great mean and a very enjoyable and relaxed time. Hillary, our server was excellent and took time to converse. I had the "House Burger", which was everything I'd want in a burger, include being done (medium rare) to my liking; my wife had the Crap & Lobster Bisque and the Rock Shrimp, and was thoroughly pleased. A nice laid-back atmosphere, with a good crowd of locals - always a good sign to us.

1  Thank ClearWater62
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I had a nice, "too large" meal there, it was good but don't go unless you are really hungry. Lively crowd of locals, bare scene active, big stuffed bear and a wolf or fox as well. A bit high for the area, not everyone wil be pleased.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great happy hour too (good drinks, good prices). My friends and I come here at least once a week for happy hour and apps. The food is always well presented, well prepared and tasty. The menu has options that should please everyone: burgers, pizza, seafood, steaks and fresh fish. They also have great specials. Last night, I had the crab cake appetizer and the halibut dinner, both were outstanding - so much so that I suggested they make them both regular menu items. Among the many regular desserts that are all great, my favorite is the Sander's hot fudge cream puff. Staff is friendly and helpful. Also, the chef often comes out to see how we like our food. Restaurant has a nice, cozy atmosphere too.