Baymont Inn & Suites Gaylord
$72
$68
$109
$71
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gaylord(Gaylord)(Great Value!)
$129
Fairfield Inn
Waters Inn(Gaylord)(Great Value!)
$98
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbig buck brewerywindow seatroom was cleanbiscuits and gravycontinental breakfastking suitenight's sleepwould stay here againfront desk staffthis past weekendgreat place to stayoff the highwayeasy accesspetjensnowmobilerepair
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Room was clean but terribly small. I felt cramped in. TV was placed high atop the closet armoire, random placement. Internet free but slow. Breakfast was bare bones, but really good apples! Random dogs barking a lot, but I got to sleep just fine.

Note that the hotel is down a road that is currently under construction. Lots of potholes and mud.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Baymont Inn of Gaylord the Saturday night of Labor Day weekend because we were headed up to Mackinaw the following day. The prices of the rooms in Mackinaw City are outrageously priced because of the high demand due to the Mackinac Bridge walk, so we figured we'd stay someplace cheaper one night of the weekend to save some money.

Our experience at the Baymont was very good overall. We had booked our room on Hotels.com and got a decent rate. However, we think this hotel has one specific room right by the front desk that they probably use for guests who book using a third party. This is because our room was quite a bit smaller than all the other rooms on the floor. It was no problem or anything, but it was just something we noticed. It made the room cozier! Actually, the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We got a good night's sleep and didn't have to worry about noise or anything. (When we first checked in, we thought noise might be a problem since it was so close to the front desk - but it really was no problem at all.)

The location of the Baymont is very convenient...right off I-75 and just a short jog down one of the side streets. You can easily walk from there to downtown Gaylord. The other thing that was great is that we were right next door to the Big Buck Brewery. All we had to do was walk across a parking lot, and we were at dinner. Big Buck has some excellent food if you're in town early enough for dinner.

The only down sides to the Baymont are 1) that the pool is too small (with no hot tub), 2) that breakfast is less than ideal, and 3) that the computer they provide in the lobby with Internet access is VERY slow. The variety of food they offer for breakfast is decent, but the biscuits were dry and the gravy was not that warm. Plus, the room is very cramped with all the people trying to get their food. Also, I tried to get online (using the lobby computer) to check my email. The computer was so slow, and the Internet wasn't coming up properly. After about 5 minutes, I'd lost my patience and just said "screw it". But hey...I'm not really complaining because we got a good rate and stayed in a clean, comfortable, and overall pleasant hotel.

I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2009

A few glaring issues make what would be a perfectly good hotel rather unpleasant.

The front foyer of the hotel smelled of smoke when we were checking in. The room itself didn't smell, but we were kept awake by repeated yelling and running in the hall. The sound of slamming doors was also persistent. We called to complain and the hotel made one attempt to stop it, but that provided only a small improvement. While some of this was due to bad luck with some obnoxious guests at the hotel, the large gap under the doors, the poor soundproofing and the incredibly loud doors should be improved.
The beds were a positive - very comfortable.
The room was very small (we had a room with a single bed), but bearable.

Breakfast was so-so. No waffle maker or anything, but had the basics - juice, milk cereal, muffins. Lots of annoyed conversations from the tired guests at the other tables complaining about not getting any sleep due to the noise...

The pool was a mixed bag. It reeked of smoke - it turned out a hotel employee was standing in the equipment room smoking with the door to the pool open! On the plus side, the pool was very warm, one of the most comfortable I've been in at any hotel.

No elevator, just a stairway that... you guessed... smells of smoke.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Stayed here with my two young children and we had a great stay. The beds are new, pillows soft, bed linens also new with duvets! The staff were very helpful and friendly. I will most definitely stay here again. I would suggest a better continental breakfast though(waffles are toasted kind, not the fresh made ones) with fresh fruit not just a fruit salad and a variety of milks (e.g. low fat). A safe was not available in our room and that should be automatically included.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I recently spent one night at the Baymont in Gaylord while driving to the UP for vacation. The hotel just got new mattresses which are fantastic and just as comfortable as any bed I've slept in at a Marriott. I know recent postings have said the beds were terrible, but they have replaced them with new ones that are heavenly, so don't let the idea of crappy beds deter you from staying there.

Overall the hotel was just fine for the $60 we paid for it. The rooms are a little small and if there are loud children next door you can hear everything, but we travel with a small sound machine for that reason.

Breakfast was fine, its free, so don't expect to be overwhelmed or anything.

Basically, great place for a good nights sleep for a great price.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple