“C-L-E-A-N”

Holiday Inn Express Gaylord
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gaylord
Reviewed May 28, 2007

I think that the $55 I got this for (Priceline) was a steal! I would have paid more considering the cleanliness and family-oriented type setting. The pool, the cookies in the lobby, the large continental breakfast sitting area, and this other kitchen-dining area was very appealing to families and people more leisurely in their time there. The standard queen beds in our room were so comfortable and came with "soft" and a "firm" pillows.

I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank flirtini

Reviewed February 5, 2007

I was in desperate need of rest when staying at this hotel and to my dismay that was not going to happen. I admit I was very impressed with the new bedding and was anxious to give it a try. As I laid down for a mid-afternoon nap after travelling there was constant slamming of doors in the hallways. Thinking it was kids I opened the door to give them a piece of my mind and to my amazement it was actually the room attendents coming in and out of the rooms using the latch that prevents the doors from closing. This went on for at least an hour before they stopped. The next morning around 6 a.m. the crew was in the hallways laughing and talking loudly. Good luck getting rest here, good bedding or not!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rdmangold
Reviewed November 16, 2006

I've stayed at this hotel a few times, and each time I'm pleased with the service and room. The rooms I've stayed in have two sinks- one inside the bathroom and one outside the bathroom which is very nice when traveling with families. It also had a fridge. I've found the hotel to be quiet, and the pool, hottub area to be nice and well kept. Breakfast is very good- but not the most choices I've ever seen at a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is just off the express way, and there are lots of places to eat right near by. I am a female business traveler traveling alone, and I felt very safe at this hotel. Rooms were very clean. Everything seemed fresh and new.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2006

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Gaylord for the past two years. We have always been pleased with the various aspects of the hotel including, cleanliness, service, and the amenities provided. The staff is very courteous and always cordial to the guests. The indoor pool, sauna and whirpool are well kept and a welcome sight after a long day of driving. The free contintental breakfast is excellent, with many choices in a comfortably large room which can accomodate a large number of guests at a time. While the HIE Gaylord is not a luxury hotel, it is more than adequate for most people's needs, and should warrant consideration when traveling to or through the Gaylord, Michigan area.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family