“I will be back”

Holiday Inn Express Gaylord
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gaylord
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The staff was very helpful--I asked if I could have some butter for my take out and the front desk person got me some. Check-in was very quick. I was asked if I wanted the first or second floor. I chose the second floor. There are stairs and an elevator. The room was clean. The bathroom was beautiful. The living area included a microwave, mini fridge, a second sink (and mirror), flat screen tv and a desk. Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. Breakfast was great lots of variety including the hotcake maker. I didn't use the pool or the excercise room. I will stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the best Hotel I have ever stayed at, Room was perfect, staff was even better. The best breakfast and housekeeping knows how to clean a room....WOOW!!! I did NOT find anything wrong with my stay, in room flat screen TV, Wi-Fi, marble floors in the bathroom and countertops, room service, dvd player, coffee pot the works, and this was just a std room.

Room Tip: You want a Good night sleep, and get treatment of A king? Then this is your hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay in Gaylord once per year on business. There aren't too many choices for lodging there.
Room was clean and nicely appointed. The carpeting throughout the hotel looked a bit ragged and had some stains. The workout room had no weights at all - just a stepper, treadmill, and bike crammed in to a small space. Breakfast was decent and the room was once again clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. A bit of a strong smell of cleaning chemicals in the hallway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

My family and I were on the road all weekend so we just picked this place because it was convenient and easy off the highway. We were pleasantly surprised by amazing service and a super clean and comfortable room!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I often use the Holiday Inn chain as I travel around the country. This hotel was effective for its price and suited our purposes for a quick overnight visit. I've seen better, I've seen worse. Location is perfect as a stop on the way to Mackinac Island or the Upper Penninsula.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here while doing a fall color tour. This is one of the nicest Holiday Inn's I have stayed at. The rooms were clean, updated and comfortable. The indoor pool was very nicely heated and enjoyable. The hotel was completely booked, however it was quiet and only seemed like a few other guests. The front desk clerk was a bit rude to people calling on the phone looking for rooms, however was pleasant to us at check in. Would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our way home from Wisconsin. We always stay at Holdiay Inn Express because we have always had a good experience. Not here. First impressions mean alot and this propertys front desk is extremely lacking in common courtesy. My husand asked for a discount and before he could state which one he was told "We don"t give discounts." I know they do from AARP to AAA to Military. Was not going to argue with someone who is nasty. Should have left them but you are kind of in the middle of no where and I least thought we would get a nice room. Wrong. The carpet was absoutley filthy. Thank god we had slippers. The bed was clean. Went to ask the front desk a question and they were to busy entertaining friends to wait on customers. I called the Holiday Inn toll free number and was told that they certaintly do give discounts. Bottom line. Dont go here. Place is not up to standards and the front desk lie and are rude.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gaylord, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear mandmsj,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the bed.

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from out housekeeping and for the poor customer service provide by our from desk. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaylord
Hampton Inn Gaylord
#2 of 15 in Gaylord
Boyne Mountain Resort
Boyne Mountain Resort
#1 of 4 in Boyne Falls

Been to Holiday Inn Express Gaylord? Share your experiences!