“Home for great golf”
Review of Gaylord Golf Mecca

Gaylord Golf Mecca
More attraction details
Owner description: The Gaylord Golf Mecca is a beautiful, rustic woods and lakes paradise where long, warm summer days continue into early evening, allowing extended play on 24 of the finest golf courses in Northern Michigan.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Gaylord has some of the greatest golf courses in Michigan. A golfer can play every day for a week and play two courses a week and never be disappointed with the quality of the courses. I never understod why people called it the golf mecca until I took up golf a few years ago and now that I've played golf at a variety of courses I can understand why people want to come here.

There are newer reviews for Gaylord Golf Mecca

Reviewed January 15, 2013

20 courses that market together. World class designers. My favorite is the Otsego Club with The Tribute, a great "modern" course with fantastic views and The Classic, a wondeful 1950's country club course. Treetops has four courses and the world's best Par 3, Threetops, which is not to be missed. Other good courses as well. Can't go wrong for a week of golf. Good restaurants and lodging options - again The Otsego Club would be my first choice.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Beautiful area up North, so many golf courses, spots to eat out. Endless oppertunities for fun. Treetops, Loon and Otsego wonderful!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is really a neat golf course but a few issues were a problem. We thought that 8:30 am was early enough to avoid the slow, not so good golfers......not! There were 2 groups of women in front of us who needed a lesson not a round. We counted 3 whiffs by one and most drove the ball only 75 to 100 yards. It took us 35 minutes to play holes one and two. Not being that patient, we went back to the pro shop and they put us off the back behind the mowers which was better than the latter. (This is not sexist...I am a woman). Of course when we reappeared at number 1 we were waiting again but the starters were great and put us in an empty slot. In conclusion, I would advise an early tee time because this place seems to attract beginning golfers because it is user friendly. The course was in good condition, the vistas spectacular, and everyone was polite and accomodating.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This course is great fun! Beautifully maintained and challenging for all skill levels. There is a lot of up and down play, some really dramatic holes where you hit off a hill down to the green below. We played it last year when we visited and really enjoyed it again this year.