“Great golf; Average accommodations”
Review of Treetops Resort

Treetops Resort
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Gaylord
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband is an avid golfer so we decided to visit this well known resort. The golf was superb and definitely lived up to its reputation.The lodge, on the other hand, was less than impressive. Although generally clean, our room was sorely outdated especially the bathroom. The toilet barely flushed and the hot water was practically non-existent. The room layout was odd with a huge empty area devoid of any furniture. The windows were old and the curtains were shabby. The door to the outside was old and badly in need of paint or staining. This place should be gutted and completely remodeled or the prices should drop to below $100 per night. Needless to say I was very disappointed with our stay and will not return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PRexec
TreetopsResort, Front Office Manager at Treetops Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Our guests’ input lets us know what areas of the resort we need to work on. I am sorry about the issues you had during your stay with us. We want every aspect of your stay to be great, not just your golf, and knowing your room was not what you expected concerns us. Please know that we have taken care of the maintenance issues in the room you stayed in. On a positive note, it is good to hear that you enjoyed the golf during your time here.

Thank you again for your post, and again my apologies. I do hope you will consider staying with us again. We would love the opportunity to make your next visit great.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Room had no A/C. Not great on an 85 degree day. Mold in the bathroom along with a tub that you need to ladder to get in and out of. No water pressure when taking a shower. Dirty carpet and the decor is 15 years past the point of renovation. The television set was sold old that if you try to donate it to the Salvation Army they would say thanks but no thanks. Pool was cold and dirty. Hot tub did not even get hot. Do not stay at the resort unless you are used to living like a PIG.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank David E
TreetopsResort, Front Office Manager at Treetops Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It lets us know how we can improve our guests’ future stays. I am truly sorry about the issues you had during your visit to Treetops. We want every guest to have a great time while they are here, and knowing that your stay did not meet your expectations is a cause for concern. Please know our housekeeping department have been made aware of your concerns and have addressed them. I am also pleased to let you know that the issue we had with the air has been taken care of.

Thank you again for your post, and once again my apologies.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed 3 nights. May 19, 20 and the 21. The air was not working for the first 2 nights and the temperature even with the window open was 80-85 degrees all night. They offered us a large fan on the second day which just blew the hot air around and added some noise to the already difficult conditions to try to sleep in. As well the wi-fi in the rooms was something rather archaic. They sent us an email and asked us to comment on our stay. Because the Internet was so slow we could not fill it out until we had left the property! The golf was wonderful but unfortunately the accommodations were way below our expectations as this is rated the top resort in the area? To top it off no one called us back after we filled out the comment email. So, I wrote the travel advisor telling her our story and she was wonderful. She passed our email on to her supervisor, the front desk supervisor, the manager, the director of rooms and the general manager. She said the front desk manager would be in touch shortly as we'll. Well here it is June 20 and low and behold we've yet to hear anything! That is why I decided others should be aware. Hopefully, I'll be able to write another comment saying that they do care about how their people are being taken care of but only time will tell!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if all the amenities are available and in working order. Also, ask for a room at the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank golfcanadian2005
TreetopsResort, Director of Rooms at Treetops Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you for the post. I am glad I got the oppurtunity to speak with you about this. I take full responsiblity for not getting back with you sooner. Like I mentioned I thought that this was taken care of at check-out (like it should have been). As for the AC, we were able to locate the problem and fix it. Our IT department is working on making sure the Internet is fixed and working properly as well. Once again I apologize for your stay and for my communication breakdown. It was a pleasure talking with you on the phone and I look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I attended the Ladies' Golf Academy at Treetops. Fabulous instruction with their wonderful pro staff, and the golf was challenging and fun. Every staff member, from the hotel, restaurant and pro shop were smiling and went out of their way to make sure the clients were having a good time. The accommodations and food are excellent. I would highly recommend Treetops for the value, scenery and all around good time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are the quietest.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
TreetopsResort, Front Office Manager at Treetops Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback! We are so happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you back again next year for another Ladies Golf School! Thanks again for posting!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I came with a group of 20 men from the Detroit area. High School and College buddies. CMU. We had a great time. The golf was fantastic. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The people in the pro shop loaned me a golf bag. Mine got crushed by the airline. Luckily the bag did its job and protected my clubs. They were so helpful and friendly. I recommend this to couples, and groups who want a nice class A golf experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
TreetopsResort, Front Office Manager at Treetops Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your post! We are glad that you and your friends had fun during your visit to Treetops, and that the pro shop was so helpful in getting you a golf bag to use. We hope we will see you all next year for more great golf. Thanks again for the feedback!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Always heard about the golf here so booked 3 days, just me and my wife. Reservations were easy - Julie was understanding and informative. Facility is a bit worn but no complaints given this is ski AND golf - party people are hard on a building.
Staff in the hotel, pro shops, reastaurants, bag drops, and starters were all good - no exceptions. Legends had buffet breakfast - all good. Sports bar is what it is - some decent food choices.
My issue was not Treetops fault - rainy first day, and cold the next (2 hr frost delay) - comes with the time of year.
Only mistake I made was taking the unlimited golf package - since we only played 2 times, plus the par three (and only 3 holes due to heavy rain), this wasn't a good choice for me. The groups of guys there playing 36 a day got their money's worth.
Good experience.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
TreetopsResort, Front Office Manager at Treetops Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Treetops. I am sorry you weren’t able to get in all the golf you wanted-the weather can be pretty unpredictable this time of year. Hopefully we will see you back next year so you can get your golf on! Thanks again for posting!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We played The Jones, Smith Signature, Fazzio and Three Tops. All were in excellent shape and the staff was outstanding with the services they rendered. We were given our own Complex Guide that made sure all tee times went as planned. To summarize, "WE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE AGAIN". This was our 6th year in a row, which started with 8 golfers and this year 20 golfers.

Room Tip: When booking, The LODGE is what I would recommend.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
TreetopsResort, Front Office Manager at Treetops Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thanks so much for the feedback! It is fantastic to hear how much you enjoyed your time at Treetops, and how your group has grown over the past six years. We look forward to seeing you all again next year for more great golf. Thanks again for posting!