All of the staff here have been very accomodating. The skiing was great too
1. BUT they told us skiing shut down at 9 (on a Sunday). Apparently, the Sunday we came was different. We were first time skiers and got stuck at the top of the hill as all of the lifts were shut down. Lol! We were told we would have to ski down to return our equipment since the shuttles were shut down at 8. One of the waitresses kindly called and arranged for a shuttle and also asked the rental station to stay open so we could return our stuff and get our boots. They obliged.
2. The Inn experience was disgusting, and I'm NOT picky at all! The water in the tub was brown then after while ran clear. Gross. The sheets were filthy with plenty of hair for our sleeping pleasure. They brought us new sheets.... Both flat sheets. Thank you. The machines were out of water so the lodge (IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE STAY THERE. WE HEARD IT IS MUCH BETTER OVER THERE) kindly agreed to bring us water.
3. The rooms need SERIOUS updating. They are old and smell old. I may come back to Treetops, but NOT stay at The Inn. My Husband will not come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular golf, world-class instruction, spa, downhill skiing, snowmobiling, meetings and fairytale weddings are just some of the reasons people visit Treetops Resort & Spa. Let's start with golf, Treetops is truly the Midwest's "Must Play" resort and arguably the best collection of golf anywhere in the country. Our awards and accolades from the nation's top golf and travel publications seem to agree. Treetops is home to 81 holes of championship golf and features five distinctly different courses by renowned designers Robert Trent Jones, Sr., Tom Fazio and Rick Smith. Dramatic views, contours and rolling terrain provide a beautiful setting for world-class golf. The Masterpiece Course was Robert Trent Jones, Sr.'S final design in Michigan and is truly a masterpiece. In his own words, Jones claimed it his crowning glory. The course is located at the headwaters of the Pigeon River and takes full advantage of natural valleys, ravines and broad plains. The signature sixth hole features a 120' vertical drop and a panoramic view of the Pigeon River Valley. Dine Like a Champion, Party Like a Rock Star! Enjoy a hearty backwoods breakfast, great food, fine wines and good times, in a casually quaint atmosphere with spectacular views. Rich beginnings, succulent entrees and signature desserts are the perfect complement to a great day on the course or the slopes. Nightlife also abounds too with live entertainment and a sports bar with a massive collection of the world's favorite brews. Enjoy your favorite team on a host of flat screen TV's or create your own action on one of our pool tables or relax and take in the spectacular star show in the sky as you cozy up to our fire pit. Sleep Like a Bear Treetops Resort features 238 guest rooms, including standard and deluxe hotel rooms and two and three bedroom condominiums. Nearly every room takes advantage of our majestic setting and offers sweeping vistas of ski hills, golf courses, pristine woods or wetlands. Wake up refreshed as a bear in springtime, ready to do it again, for with five courses, 23 runs and the vast beauty of the Michigan wilderness surround you, you'll never get bored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Treetops Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treetops Hotel Gaylord
- Treetops Resort Gaylord