Treetops Resort
Quality Inn(Gaylord)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewssports bargreat golfgolf tripelevation changesunlimited golflegends restaurantthe indoor outdoor poolsitting areanorthern michiganlift ticketshot tubpro shopski weekendthe entire staffbit datedmasterpiecesignature
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Amazing golf with plenty of challenge. The par 3 course is a riot and a great way to sharpen your short game!!! Our rooms were huge, clean and comfortable. We're coming back next year!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
TreetopsResort, Front Office Manager at Treetops Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

We are so happy you had a great time at Treetops. Thanks for the feedback!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Walking in the front door I was met with a hearty 'welcome to treetops!'. My experience continued on that high note for the next three days. The staff at the hotel and the golf courses were extremely friendly and went out of their way to meet our needs. And, the gold was unbelievable--fast play and pristine courses with awesome views.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Thanks for the post, and for staying and playing at Treetops! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

My trip with college friends for our 50th birthdays was dynamite. The hotel had large rooms that were very comfortable with excellent service, a first class pool and spa. We ate at 2 of the different restaurants and the food was excellent. The resort has 5 different golf courses. The Threetops course a nine hole course of par threes was very unique and challenging. The other courses were of the highest quality with an excellent pro shop at each, wonderful practice facilities, each course was a challenge for any golfer yet very playable, and the courses were in fabulous shape. We will be back next year. I would recommend this to anyone, including families. Thank you very much Treeetops for a memorable reunion.

Room Tip: If you ask for the presidential suite, you will be very surprised.
1  Thank Footdoctor51

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you back next year!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed here in August 2011 with a group of 24 dudes playing a Ryder Cup.

Anyway, the rooms here were DATED to say the least. Old .. well everything was old, I'd say 80sish? We were in the Inns room ... looks nothing like the website haha (Check my photos) We had a room next to the pool with walk out patio door. Id rate the room decor as 10 out of 10, 10 being the most scared you could be, gave me a feel like I was in the Shining. So ya, rooms at the Inn NEED to be redone .. Big Time. Fortunately a group of sweaty golfers half in the bag really don't care all that much, but seriously, the shower had barely enough light to see and the towle rod was falling off the wall. The TV was about 15 inches and the carpet was beat!

On the positive the pool at the Inn was about 95 degrees, which is good at night .. donno about during the day haha. The room had a mini fridge which worked, and there was coffee in the lobby 1 out of 3 days.

THE GOLF:

Nicest courses I have seen. ALL the money is going into the courses, none left over for the accomodations I guess.

THREETOPS was very cool, not sure $50 is worth 9 holes, bnut still very exciting.

The MASTERPIECE was great, likely the toughest of the courses there, a lot of blind shots for your first timer, which may not appeal to all.

The PREMIER was my second favourite. Great all around and very forgiving.

The TRADITION was very nice and familiar as it was the flattest of them all, altho some holes were long for the average golfer. Still likely the easiest of the 5 courses.

The SIGNATURE was AWESOME!!! Every holes was exciting, the greens were firm and fast but fair.

Overall I'd go back to Treetops over Boyne or Boyne Highlands which Ive played both in the last several years.

I wish the rooms here were better tho. Really they sucked, I guess I'd have to buck up for better ones, but the group was booked together.

I wont bother uploading pics of the courses, take my word for it they are maintained with perfection! I rate the accomodations as 3 out of 5 but the course 6 out of 5!!!!

Room Tip: The Inn has ground floor room which sort of walk out onto the pool
3  Thank GettinErDun

Thank you for the excellent feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the courses here at Treetops, and are also truly sorry the rooms at the Inn were not what you had expected. I’m sure that if you come back to stay with us again, we will make your stay as great as your golf!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at Treetops this year and played all of their golf courses. Looks like they are really making strides to regain the prominence they had with northern Michigan golf back in the 90's. Not only was the place packed, but the golf courses (already in great shape) were being worked on to improve them even more. The lodging was great for what we needed but we were truly there for the golf. The trip was topped off by the exceptional service and friendliness of the staff everywhere we went. We can't wait to go back and plan to yet this year.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

We are so very pleased that you enjoyed yourselves here at Treetops. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you soon!