“We had a fantastic golf vacation and would recommend to anyone.”
Review of Treetops Resort

Treetops Resort
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Gaylord
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My trip with college friends for our 50th birthdays was dynamite. The hotel had large rooms that were very comfortable with excellent service, a first class pool and spa. We ate at 2 of the different restaurants and the food was excellent. The resort has 5 different golf courses. The Threetops course a nine hole course of par threes was very unique and challenging. The other courses were of the highest quality with an excellent pro shop at each, wonderful practice facilities, each course was a challenge for any golfer yet very playable, and the courses were in fabulous shape. We will be back next year. I would recommend this to anyone, including families. Thank you very much Treeetops for a memorable reunion.

Room Tip: If you ask for the presidential suite, you will be very surprised.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Footdoctor51
TreetopsResort, Front Office Manager at Treetops Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you back next year!

There are newer reviews for Treetops Resort

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed here in August 2011 with a group of 24 dudes playing a Ryder Cup.

Anyway, the rooms here were DATED to say the least. Old .. well everything was old, I'd say 80sish? We were in the Inns room ... looks nothing like the website haha (Check my photos) We had a room next to the pool with walk out patio door. Id rate the room decor as 10 out of 10, 10 being the most scared you could be, gave me a feel like I was in the Shining. So ya, rooms at the Inn NEED to be redone .. Big Time. Fortunately a group of sweaty golfers half in the bag really don't care all that much, but seriously, the shower had barely enough light to see and the towle rod was falling off the wall. The TV was about 15 inches and the carpet was beat!

On the positive the pool at the Inn was about 95 degrees, which is good at night .. donno about during the day haha. The room had a mini fridge which worked, and there was coffee in the lobby 1 out of 3 days.

THE GOLF:

Nicest courses I have seen. ALL the money is going into the courses, none left over for the accomodations I guess.

THREETOPS was very cool, not sure $50 is worth 9 holes, bnut still very exciting.

The MASTERPIECE was great, likely the toughest of the courses there, a lot of blind shots for your first timer, which may not appeal to all.

The PREMIER was my second favourite. Great all around and very forgiving.

The TRADITION was very nice and familiar as it was the flattest of them all, altho some holes were long for the average golfer. Still likely the easiest of the 5 courses.

The SIGNATURE was AWESOME!!! Every holes was exciting, the greens were firm and fast but fair.

Overall I'd go back to Treetops over Boyne or Boyne Highlands which Ive played both in the last several years.

I wish the rooms here were better tho. Really they sucked, I guess I'd have to buck up for better ones, but the group was booked together.

I wont bother uploading pics of the courses, take my word for it they are maintained with perfection! I rate the accomodations as 3 out of 5 but the course 6 out of 5!!!!

Room Tip: The Inn has ground floor room which sort of walk out onto the pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank GettinErDun

Thank you for the excellent feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the courses here at Treetops, and are also truly sorry the rooms at the Inn were not what you had expected. I’m sure that if you come back to stay with us again, we will make your stay as great as your golf!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at Treetops this year and played all of their golf courses. Looks like they are really making strides to regain the prominence they had with northern Michigan golf back in the 90's. Not only was the place packed, but the golf courses (already in great shape) were being worked on to improve them even more. The lodging was great for what we needed but we were truly there for the golf. The trip was topped off by the exceptional service and friendliness of the staff everywhere we went. We can't wait to go back and plan to yet this year.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

We are so very pleased that you enjoyed yourselves here at Treetops. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I've been to Treetops every summer for a long weekend of golf for the past twelve or thirteen years. The golf courses are definitely challenging, and it's the main reason I make the trip.

The courses were generally in good shape this season, although I thought the Jones course needed a little better maintenance. Some bunkers were in need of sand, instead of the rocks and gravel I found.

I don't usually expect much from the lodging, as we stay in the chalets, which are old and definitely out-dated. I know that before I get there, so don't set myself up with high expectations. I wasn't disappointed again this year. The rooms were still out-dated and in need of some TLC.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank WanderingPencil

Thank you for your post. We appreciate all feedback, but especially that of return guests. I am sorry you found the Jones in rough shape, as well as the chalets. Please know we are working on these issues and we hope that when you return you will find everything up to your expectations.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We traveled with our friends to Tree Tops in Gaylord. The guys golfed and the women did everything they could to not be at the resort. The rooms are very large (the only plus side) BUT they are EXTREMELY OUTDATED and DIRTY. Our air conditioning never worked, it just blew out humid, mildew smelling air. My husband found a bug in our bed (not bed bugs but still gross). The beds don't have mattress pad covers on them, which grossed me out the most, so I felt like I couldn't sleep under the covers. The furniture has NEVER been cleaned I am sure of. The guys said the "Masterpiece" golf course is nothing special but the "Traditions" was very nice. I guess my suggestion would be to Golf but not stay here. Gaylord doesn't really have a whole lot to offer as my girlfriend and I had to get our nails done at Walmart, we also went to the movie theater but they only accept CASH so be prepared. Big Buck Brewing Company has some really good craft beer, food is okay. I don't feel the need to ever go back!

1  Thank karalyn84

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay at Treetops. I have addressed the cleanliness issues with housekeeping, and the problems you had with the air have been reported to our maintenance department.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Tree Tops Golf resort and conference center, golf weekend in a double wide...
When was this dump been reviewed by the health department, or the fire department?
OLD tired, shabby, Russian architecture (bomb shelter) , bring you own TP
New tech; micro thin walls you can hear other people breath
- Deck off of room no furniture, not a stick…
- Refrigerator can’t cool a bottle of wine.
- Wet bar sink leaks
- Bathroom Ceil/ vent leaking
- Toilet leaks drip, drip, drip
- Shower mold
- Shower head gross!!
- Water pressure?
- Bazaar bath tube, purple from the 70" hide the MOLD and MILDEW
- Old tube Television in monster console can’t viewed for any position
- Heat/ cooling unit stone age and noisy
- Really don’t want to sit anywhere as all the furniture is stained, but really old stains…
- Internet comes and goes…
- Housekeeping what housekeeping, rooms clean by 5 may be, you’ll probably have to ask for towels.
- Great golf courses, sleep in your car it will be better.

2  Thank bristolroad

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that both housekeeping and maintenance have been made aware of the problems you dealt with in your room, and they have been taken care of. Our IT department has also addressed the internet connectivity issues. I know no amount of apologizing can replace the bad experience you had during your stay, but we are truly sorry. I would also like to thank you for your honesty regarding your visit to Treetops. It makes us aware of what obstacles we need to overcome in making each guest experience the best it can be. I hope that you will decide to give us another chance to meet or possibly exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Room was not ready at check in.Then at 7pm no towels.Housekeeping terrible.They did not show the next day.We had to request housekeeping to clean on the 3rd day.
Rooms are terrible.Shower full of mold. Water leaking from the ceiling in the shower area.Bath tub dangerous. The water in the faucets take forever to get warm never mind hot. Kitchen has NO utensils but 4 cups and 4 mini glasses.
Furniture old, grubby and stained. Room 504 is oppsite a convention room.You can hear the lecture at 7.30am while you are still trying to sleep.
All the service rooms that have open doors are scary to look into.The Health Department would shut them down.There is rot just everywhere.
Internet issues during our entire stay.Security brought the TP.
What a terrible dump !!!! The golf courses are wonderful but I would rather sleep in my car than here.

1  Thank ihicks

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry about the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that those issues have been addressed, and that we will use your feedback to ensure future guests do not encounter the same problems.