“Rude phone employee/marginal food”
Review of Bamboo Palace

Bamboo Palace
Ranked #25 of 72 Restaurants in Gaylord
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Gaylord, Michigan
“Rude phone employee/marginal food”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Take out phone order: employee was rude and curt especially when I didn't understand what he was asking me. This was my 3rd and last order. General chicken-too chewy and minimal taste, Szechwan pork-very little meat which tasted like old pork and spice level a "1". The food I ordered was tasteless.
Shredded menu after I tossed the leftovers!!

• Visited March 2014

“Love it (for lunch)”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I eat lunch at Bamboo Palace several times a month. Both the small buffet and ordering off the menu, the food is always excellent quality. At night it's like a different restaurant. The food is not as carefully prepared or something.

There are a couple favorite items I won't order here the like the wonton soup and the egg foo young. But the egg drop soup, garlic chicken, almond boneless chicken and so many others are just awesome.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't stay to eat”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The restaurant was empty when we walked in. No one greeted us. We could hear people in the kitchen but no one came out. The decor was not at all like the picture on trip advisor. We chose this location because we thought architectural decor would be interesting.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank debandnat
Gaylord, Michigan
“Rude employees bad Thai food”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have been to this place several times, if the owner is there you are in luck! He cooks great Thai food and is super nice however when the boss is away the employees will play.... the employees are horrible, rude and I have complained about my food when they were there and the boss wasn't. I also only received one side of fried rice for two Chinese dishes and when I complained about that and drove 20 minutes back to the restaurant to return our two Thai dishes, where were dried out and had no meat in them, I was told that there was two sides of rice in the bag because "he" packed it himself so basically he told me I was a liar! I explained that when the owner is there my food is always excellent but when he is gone it is never right and tastes horrible. Mind you this was a remake on two original Thai dishes that I had; they told me to bring them back which I drove 20 minutes back to the restaurant for my cash back and they refused to give it to me even after they told me to bring the bad food in for a cash return.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank becky b
Troy, Michigan
“buffet items are good”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

food tastes good..enjoyed the egg drop soup ,pad thai,shrimp red curry and chicken fried rice..the service is excellent.. nice quaint place,...stopped over on the way to mackinaw island.. they have a cute little drawing board for kids to draw on..my daughter loved it!! the give away fortune cookies after the ,lunch..nice touch..the food portions are also decent..

• Visited June 2012