“Absolutely Horrible”
Review of Stampede Saloon - CLOSED

Stampede Saloon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have never taken the time to write a bad review, I just don't go back. But this place was horrendous. The service is extremely slow. We waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for 2 bowls of chili and a plate of noodles and steak bits for my daughter. While we were there a table of 10 folders got up and left before their burgers arrived. They had waited 90 minutes for ten burgers and fries. Another table of four got up and left. In the hour and a half that we were there we only saw 4 tossed salads delivered to one table. The place was half full on a Sunday evening. When our bill came I asked if they'd credit a few drinks for our inconvenience. The waitress came back and said her manager just took 10% off. Well the original bill was $40.15 and the revised bill was $38.90. I said to the waitress, that's interesting, $1.25 discount isn't 10% off. She said yes it is, it's because of the tax. Seems they need to retake third grade math! Of the 30 of so people in the place, about 15 got up and left and the rest were just about to go. I really don't know how this place stays in business. If you're in the area, go to Bennethum's next door, its phenomenal in comparison and is also my 12 year old daughters favorite place in Gaylord. Save yourself from a bad experience and don't bother trying the Stampede. I realized the Stampede is not a rush to get in; its clearly a rush to get out. Now I understand where they came up with the name.

1  Thank kona

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've been here a couple times over the past few months. The burgers were good cooked just how I asked. The chicken wrap and wings were good as well. Decent selection of micro brew that rotate through the year so far.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had the 6.99 Spaghetti special with Marinara Meat sauce. It was really good. Straightforward but as good as I have had anywhere regardless of the price. The bread was a non-starter as it seemed to have been fried on a skillet, and it had an odd taste. My wife had the chicken salad wrap and she said it was very good. I also had their draft root beer. A huge mug, but a little pricy at $3.50.

Standard bar atmosphere and service.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Horrible little place. Run down dive bar look, smells bad and worst service ever! We walked in sat down and waited 10 mins before a a rude hippo came over tossed menus at us and asked us what we wanted to drink. After not getting our drinks for 15 mins and even seeing an older man say something to the woman behind bar about it and no one doing anything we left. Upon leaving we seen our waitress outside sitting down talking and smoking on her cell phone. STAY CLEAR OF THIS PLACE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!

2  Thank Andy10506
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great fish, burgers, and chips. In nadition how can you beat $1 drafts 9even if it is PBR) They often have music and Mo is a great host. I have yet to have a bad meal there.