“Unexpected Gaylord Gem”

Bearded Dogg Lounge
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Gaylord
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned, fine casual restaurant with a full bar. We have a unique menu, 90% of our food is made in house and is prepared behind an open kitchen. We are connected to The Old Spud Warehouse.
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Driving up north and saw this reviewed on Yelp. Atmosphere is very unique, definitely not typical up north. Would like to have taken a couple of the antique doors home with me. We started with a house salad with honey vinaigrette and Caesar salad. Dressing is homemade and excellent. They don't have a kid's meal, so we got buttered noodles-also homemade and eaten quickly by my daughter. For our entrees-baby back ribs with vegetables, perfectly cooked. My favorite was the prime rib stuffed ravioli. Outstanding, huge raviolis and flavorful sauce. My husband even commented that he would come back tomorrow for dinner just to get the ravioli. Highly recommend this restaurant for dinner. Can't wait to travel up north just to stop by for more fantastic eats.

There are newer reviews for Bearded Dogg Lounge

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This might be a smaller unknown restaurant but it stands up to any five star places we have ever eaten in. It is more of a casual place but the food is fantastic and the Chefs there are amazing!
Would eat there again anytime!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Disappointing. We went for dinner and where immediately seated. The restaurant had patrons but was not full. The service was nice, and our server said that the special was rib roast. We ordered the special, and forty minutes later we were told they were out of the special. We also heard nearby tables asking when their food would arrive. The foot was pretty good, but the experience was not.

2  Thank Christopher A
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I wasn't expecting much from Gaylord. But the Bearded Dogg's eclectic style could easily been out of San Francisco. Old reclaimed doors and windows filled the place. The store attached to the restaurant continued with eclectic gifts. I don't normally order rare tuna from out of way small towns, but based on the hip appearance of the restaurant I took a leap a faith. The tuna was fresh and prepared just right. The service was excellent. I wasn't expecting much, but came away with a great experience I went back the next day!

1  Thank Amge55
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went there for a date and he ordered the tuna sandwich, that was so delicious! (Yes I tried it) and I had a pasta that was pretty freaking amazing also. I like the paintings on the walls and I like seeing the cooks. The waitresses were nice and answered our weird questions. All in all, this place was great!