“Should be rated -10”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Gaylord
Traverse City, Michigan
“Should be rated -10”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We found the hotel in need of a good cleaning! We had used priceline or we would have found another hotel. We had used pricline in the past and this was the first time we had ever been burned. The Lobby was full of their family/friends and they all must live at this hotel. We went to lock our door and the lock would not work. Had to use our suitcases to make our room safe!! They offered coffee but could not even make our way to the lobby as it was still full with their family/friends. Not that we would have gotten it as everything was dirty! Thankful that a gas station was next door. They have great coffee!! This hotel should be CLOSED!! I have emailed the hotel and priceline!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel all rooms are dirty!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PalmtreePaula

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
surprise, AZ
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I will start by saying that the bathroom was clean and sheets clean. We stayed here during Sept. They were obviously having a "family" reunion and they were always in the front lobby, morning, noon, nite, along w/ their select type of foods. If you had wanted to have breakfast in the am it would have been impossible as they were always sitting in the lobby which is where you were supposed to eat. I emailed the CEO & Cus. Relations and have never heard anything back. Also, had to go out and buy my own shampoo as the only thing they supplied was soap. Even if you have a pet traveling with you - go someplace else. Also, had to call front desk & tell them to pipe down as kids were crying & people slamming doors til aft 1 am.

Room Tip: Go to another motel!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank carolyn g

Travelers are raving about these Gaylord hotels

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 13, 2012

first, i'm not a hotel snob...i really don't expect much from a $99 hotel room. anyway, i checked in and went up to the room, and had no idea a hotel room could be so bad. it was a hot day, and the room's AC was not on....the temperature in the room had to be about 110F. the smell in the room was unbelievable. it smelled like a combination of vomit and a dead carcass. i literally almost puked on myself the smell was so bad. in fact, it was so bad that i could only stay in the room for a minute or so. the comforter looked 50 years old and never washed...it was really dirty.

the entire room was hot, smelly, and very old looking. it literally looked like the room had not been cleaned or updated since the 1970's. i walked straight to the front desk, and with customers waiting, i did not hold back. i told the lady that the room was disgusting, etc. she asked if i wanted a different room and i laughed...didn't even answer her and walked right out. to be honest, this motel should be shut down if the rest of the rooms are the same as the one i saw.

Room Tip: just save your self the trouble and pass on this place :-)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank roadman1892
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here on a Friday night in September. I booked the room using Priceline an hour or so before arriving. They did have my reservation, which is the one good thing I can say. The man at the desk was unfriendly, did not make any eye contact with me, and spoke quickly and without care as to whether I understood what he said when he told me the location of my room. And he was wearing a white t-shirt! Who wears a white t-shirt to work? The room was okay. I felt uneasy trying to find my room, and I didn't feel like there was much security. I actually put one of the room chairs in front of the door as an extra safety precaution or obstacle to anyone trying to break in. The bed was actually comfortable and looked clean. I was uneasy walking on the carpeting in my bare feet and the carpet had some stains. The sink was quite clean and looked as if it was new within the past 6 months. If you can get a room elsewhere, you should. Don't stay here. The breakfast was pathetic. When I went to check out in the morning, there was a hand written sign that said to leave your room key on the desk. That was it. There were people smoking cigarettes right outside the entryway to the lobby. The whole place had a really trashy, unsafe, uncaring feeling to it. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Poodlegirl1968
Caledonia, Michigan
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I can sum up this hotel in one word.....GROSS! Do yourself a big favor, stay somewhere else!
I had to stay here for labor day weekend. My husband and I wanted to walk the mackinaw city bridge and some rooms were running 500.00 a night. So I opted to book a room here. Let's just say, I won't be back!! Dirty, dirty, dirty!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, It really doesn't matter what room you have, it's still gross!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Loriann30
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My mom and her friend had reservations and when they arrived their room was not ready.

They said the place was unkempt and the people there made them feel uneasy.

They decided to chance it, left for a bit and when they came back and the room still was not ready.

They decided to leave without ever setting foot in their room and the hotel staff refused to refund their money.

What a disgusting way to treat two elderly women.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE, AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt S
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The most disgusting, filthy, and run down motel I have ever seen. We reserved 2 rooms and couldn't stay in either because of the bugs that moved in before we got there. We are pretty sure the ticks were throughout the motel since we saw some in the bathroom downstairs and our rooms were upstairs. We ended up sleeping in our cars because they couldn't find another room. Do not stay here

• Stayed August 2012