“Great Place for a Rainy Day”
Review of Gaylord Discovery Center - CLOSED

Gaylord Discovery Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Developing Curious Minds - A fun, exciting, learning environment for the entire family to discover how the world works through play and exploration.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our family (incl. a 4 & 6 year old) were in Gaylord for vacation and the weather one day turned rainy. So, looking for a way to spend the day we found the Discovery Center. We bought an all-day pass and the kids had a blast. It's nothing fancy, but if your kid has an imagination, they'll have a great time. There's an indoor sandbox (which salves not being able to be outside on vacation for sure!), a lot of great toys and the kids loved it. We went back to the cabin for lunch, and then the kids demanded to go back! I think it's a great place; don't expect the polish of Disney World, but know that it's a safe and fun place for kids to play!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I found it to be an ingenious place to enjoy an afternoon. I intend to take my grandchildren there as often as possible. it is a place where you can interact with your children or let them explore on their own.
The activities require anyone to use their mind to reach the reaction you want. I know most adults would be challenged to solve the water maze to get the water through the water wheel. Watching your child's reaction when the can understand the cause and effect of what they are doing is priceless.
The activities are designed to serve the entire community from the smallest children to Adult activities. you can book the place for a party or any occasion.
I know they have expansions planned that will include party rooms. I hope everyone who has a free afternoon and they want something to do with their children will give it a try.
\

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was not impressed, not very clean... Had toys that were purchased from a garage sale/resale shop that were very dirty. Floor was all wet from the water table and people tracking the water all over from their socks being wet YUK! Price should be lower for the adults since we are just there to monitor our children/grandchildren, would be nice to have a nicer adult area to sit while children play.. If you want a nice snack bring your own, was not impressed with what they had not to mention the cost...

Bottom line I would not return...

4  Thank charissa121
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I spent the afternoon at the center with three very active nine year olds. They loved it; especially the giant blocks and the water exploration station. The owner, Kyle, was polite and very helpful. We make sure to stop in at least once each summer for a for hours of fun. Sure it may not be as big or well fundedad some big city science centers, but my kids always ask to stop when they see the Gaylord exit on the freeway.

1  Thank Liz B
Kyle J, Owner at Gaylord Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We are so glad you had fun and keep coming back for more! Thanks!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Took my wife and daughter here for a few hours and was not disappointed. Has several innovative stations that will entertain kids and the young at heart. I can understand how some others can feel that it may cater to the younger crowd, but I see great potential here and just needs time to evolve. I also see the owner has a great passion for what he is doing and I think this is something than can become really good. One bit of advice I'd like to give is to bring in more adult seating as that was very limited. However, we will definately be back again as we all had fun there and look forward to seeing what the future will bring for this business.

1  Thank cgrambau
Kyle J, Owner at Gaylord Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for your praise and input. We will do what we can to make the whole environment more welcoming to parents.