“Not what I expected...”
Review of Gaylord Discovery Center - CLOSED

Gaylord Discovery Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Developing Curious Minds - A fun, exciting, learning environment for the entire family to discover how the world works through play and exploration.
Gaylord, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not what I expected...”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was not impressed, not very clean... Had toys that were purchased from a garage sale/resale shop that were very dirty. Floor was all wet from the water table and people tracking the water all over from their socks being wet YUK! Price should be lower for the adults since we are just there to monitor our children/grandchildren, would be nice to have a nicer adult area to sit while children play.. If you want a nice snack bring your own, was not impressed with what they had not to mention the cost...

Bottom line I would not return...

Visited July 2013
4 Thank charissa121

Northern Michigan
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fun Afternoon”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I spent the afternoon at the center with three very active nine year olds. They loved it; especially the giant blocks and the water exploration station. The owner, Kyle, was polite and very helpful. We make sure to stop in at least once each summer for a for hours of fun. Sure it may not be as big or well fundedad some big city science centers, but my kids always ask to stop when they see the Gaylord exit on the freeway.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Liz B
Kyle J, Owner at Gaylord Discovery Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We are so glad you had fun and keep coming back for more! Thanks!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place, great potential.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Took my wife and daughter here for a few hours and was not disappointed. Has several innovative stations that will entertain kids and the young at heart. I can understand how some others can feel that it may cater to the younger crowd, but I see great potential here and just needs time to evolve. I also see the owner has a great passion for what he is doing and I think this is something than can become really good. One bit of advice I'd like to give is to bring in more adult seating as that was very limited. However, we will definately be back again as we all had fun there and look forward to seeing what the future will bring for this business.

1 Thank cgrambau
Kyle J, Owner at Gaylord Discovery Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for your praise and input. We will do what we can to make the whole environment more welcoming to parents.
“Very creative, and a friendly atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Staff was very friendly and willing to explain different centers! Very creative, owner made most of the educational equipment himself! Our kids had a blast! Also very nice of the owner to donate coupons to the local Easter egg hunt! Thank you for a wonderful, fun filled afternoon, our family will be back!!!!

Visited April 2013
Kyle J, Owner at Gaylord Discovery Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your trip! We are always happy to contribute to local events, especially for kids. Your praise is very appreciated.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Owner was rude, attractions lame and old. Maybe exciting for a two year old, but anyone over age 5 would not be entertained for long. Over-priced! So many other things to spend your money on that are not just an overpriced playground. No supervision.

1 Thank Kawgirl7
Kyle J, Manager at Gaylord Discovery Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
I am very sorry you were disappointed, I thought your daughters had fun. Our small town does not have the same resources as big cities and we are always working to improve. Our conversation was helpful and I thought it had resolved the issue.