“Great food, reasonable prices”

Alpine Tavern and Eatery
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Gaylord
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Our family has over 50 years of experience providing excellent service in restaurants and catering events. We invite you to bring your family and meet your friends for award winning chili, gourmet pizzas, burgers stuffed any way you'd like, hand cut fries, slow roasted brisket, fresh healthy salads and much more. Or invite them to your home and we will do the cooking for you. Try one of our Chef's daily specials. We even have Gluten free items! Our kids menu is very friendly and comes with Scooby Snacks! Everything is house made and we are committed to serving Michigan-made products whenever possible. For refreshments we offer a vast selection of craft beers on tap and in the bottle, wines, spirits, specialty cocktails and hot chocolate/coffee drinks. Our soft drinks include fresh brewed ice tea and Northwoods Soda which is based right here in Northern Michigan. There is something for everyone. Come to Alpine Tavern for our fabulous food, drinks and service. Stay to watch all of the big games on any of our many tv's or pick up something on the go to take home for those you love. This winter ride the snowmobile trails right to our doors and enjoy. After a long day on our local slopes let us warm your bellies with great food and drinks. The atmosphere here is fun and friendly, we know you'll have a great time- and hope you'll feel like part of the family soon! We'll see ya here!
Durham, North Carolina
“Great food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I had lunch there and it was another odd place to my southern tastes and I loved it! We had a skillet dish, steak bits cooked with teryakie (sp) ? sauce, onions, mushrooms and boy was it great! She had chicken salad done up in and unusual way (to us), that was nice as well. Good service, lots of beers, fun atmosphere, just a fine time, had by all. Convenient to the downtown area, great place for lunch after shopping. Bob Ros

Gaylord, Michigan
“My NEW favorite place”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've eaten lunch at many local places here in town but hands down I love this place. Last time I was there I had the fresh cut from chicken breast the chicken fingers (3), great snack and large portions, the bleu cheese dressing dip was chunky and fresh. They LOTS of microbrews on tap, excellent service!!
Staff is friendly and attentive, drinks were always refilled promptly with a great attitude from the girls.
Soups, salads, and pizzas are great too.

Highly recommend a visit.

Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Great food, many options.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

They have standard bar fare such as wings, nachos, pizza and burgers, but the taste is way above standard. They also have delicious salads, soups and sandwiches. Everything is fresh and made to order. My favorite is the breaded mozzarella with tomatoes; It is real fresh mozzarella sliced into round pieces and breaded there (not at all like the mozzarella sticks that are pre-made). They also have a new cuban sandwich that I love. My son's favorite is the baby back rib dinner.

Lansing, Michigan
“Stuffed Pizza is the Best”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Italian Stuffed Pizza is chock full of sausage, cheese and mushrooms, lightly topped with pizza sauce and parmesan cheese. Highly recommend!

Visited August 2013
Barbeau, Michigan
“Average at best.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Maybe I've been spoiled with great restaurants, but this one is just average. It is pretty expensive for what you get. I had the brisket sandwich with cheese, onions and mushroom. It only came with a choice of baked beans or coleslaw. If you want fries, you have to pay extra. I wouldn't mind all that if it was awesome food, but no...just average.