“Check out those Blueberries!!!”
Review of Sugar Bowl

Sugar Bowl
Ranked #12 of 76 Restaurants in Gaylord
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Check out those Blueberries!!!! This exclamation came from my husband when he received his order of blueberry pancakes at 11:00 a.m. We had gotten a late start that morning and saw a sign for this restaurant on the highway -- open since 1919 -- and decided that we had to get off the interstate and try it. When we asked the waitress for coffee since we had not had breakfast, she quickly brought us breakfast menus. As much as my husband loved his pancakes, I must say that my Greek omelet struck me as even better. The amosphere was great. Our service was wonderful and, on top of it all, they had really good coffee.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Waitress could not handle her tables.sadly, our meal was less than good. Nwhen had to wait for parts of our meals and water. She could keep up with her customers. Maybe we will try again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a fun place to have a quick 'home cooked' meal. I had the lunch special of Salisbury Steak, mashed potatoes, and a salad. The steak was thick and well seasoned, the potatoes were just the right amount of lumpy and the gravy that covered it all tasted homemade. My companion opted for the stacked ham sandwich. It was piled high with smoked ham and Swiss cheese and came with fries on the side. Our server was quick and very pleasant.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is an old local place and the food was very good. The character was in the building and the old style of eating places.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Dinner on a summer Saturday was decent. I have gone to the Sugar Bowl all of my life and it is predictably even and pleasant.