“A Lot of Hot Air” 3 of 5 bubbles

Big Buck Brewery and Steakhouse
Ranked #36 of 69 Restaurants in Gaylord
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waterford, Michigan, United States
“A Lot of Hot Air”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We didn't know any better. It looked up-scale, and all. However, I thought that their menu options were a little odd. I was willing to treat myself to a nice steak dinner with all the trimmings along with a few drinks. But, actually choosing a meal from their unnecessarily over exaggerated menu descriptions took away from the experience. I wasn't sure what the heck would be placed in front of me. I won't be going back..

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Chuck C

Bay City, Michigan
“very good steaks, very high prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I love the atmosphere at the big buck and have been fortunate to go when they are not crowded so service has been very good. the steaks are $19 to $24 dollars so they should be done right. For some reason they have a mashed potato for a standard side in stead of a baked potato. This should be changed along with maybe offering a salad prior to the meal. The beer cheese soup was good as usual along with thier darkest ale. If they lower thier beer mug prices from the sky I might buy one on a visit. I most likely will return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Not impressed for the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have had better steaks for less money. The atmosphere was great, but the food was sub par. I got a filet topped with mushrooms and while the steak was cooked correctly, it had no flavor. The mushrooms had no flavor. I didn't like that it came with mashed potatoes and green beans. I was told I could substitute the mashed potatoes with the $1.99 choices, which did not include a baked potatoe. It didn't come with a salad and the green beans were too crunchy. My husband's steak had no flavor either. The kids got battered shrimp and an alfredo type dish. They liked theirs, but again, the steaks had no flavor. I was not impressed at all with what they came with or how they tasted for the price. We will be eating at a different steak house next visit.

Visited February 2013
Kalamazoo
“Great Steak and excellent server!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a filet at Big Buck, it was excellent and cooked perfectly. Angie was our server and she was very friendly and outgoing, we had a great time! The beer is excellent!

• Visited February 2013
Bloomfield Township, Michigan
“Always consistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My son was really looking forward to our meal at Big Buck since they closed the one in Auburn Hills a few years back. We tried to go on Tuesday, but they closed at 7pm due to a bad snow storm in Gaylord, so we went back the next night.

We arrived at 5:15pm and there was only one other table of two at the time (a business meeting obviously). That had me a little worried as my mom always told me "you can always tell if a restaurant is good or not by how crowded the parking lot is on non-weekend days." However, the server was extremely nice and our food was very good. A little pricey, but nonetheless good. Both my son and I had the famous beer, cheese soup - very good. My son had the angel hair pasta with chicken and I had the fish and chips. The pasta was a little on the small side, but very good. There were only 3 pieces of fish, but they were very good and I had a ton of fries.

So, like I said - consistently good at Big Buck - just a little pricey for what you get.

• Visited February 2013