“Golf, golf, golf and what fantastic views!”
Review of Treetops Resort

Treetops Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: There are four courses at Treetops - the Masterpiece, Treetops Premier, the Signature and the Tradition.
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Golf, golf, golf and what fantastic views!”
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We arrived on Friday, early check-in, for my husband to attend day 1 of 3 lessons, and I had a fantastic, wonderful 85-minute massage.

The Spa: nice, friendly people. Prices a little on the high end, but well worth the endulgence to treat ones self.

The Lodge room: for 2 people...huge space, a bit out dated decor but if you are here it's for the beautiful, natural views outside. Pool was closed but hot tub was open, a nice relaxing way to end the day. Kitchenette area has coffee pot and mugs but no other utensils. Left overs were a waste without the use of forks and knives.

The Courses: we did two...Fazio course, amazing layouts and long lush green spaces. Finished with 9-holes of the Masterpiece, mostly because of weather - cold and rainy keeps people away, but after 9 holes it gets a bit chilly. Amazing course, water hazards, rolling green grass, troublesome sand traps.

It was a joy to be able to go out and hit a few balls. I'm just a beginner, with 4 weeks of instruction under my belt, and these two days make my 2nd and 3rd days out actually golfing. I loved both courses, completely amazing experience!

My husband thoroughly enjoyed his lessons, and had enough energy to go out and golf with me. I look forward to coming back in a year or two for my own lessons, if need be, and playing on those courses again.

The food: dinner at Legends was very good, service was friendly, food portion was extremely too big, price was decent. Breakfast on Saturday at Legends was awful! We waited 45 minutes for a plate of disgusting scrambled eggs and a plate of over medium eggs (which were too runny). The waitstaff ran around refilling coffee cups instead if bringing out plates of food.
Breakfast on Sunday at Legends was a bit better, but still slow, they added an express breakfast sandwich, but I don't think that helped. Wait for pancakes and waffles was around 20 minutes. Lunch at the Sports Bar was quite good, before we headed out to golf.

Overall, you go to this resort to enjoy the outdoors, either golf, or snow related activities. The rooms could be updated but I'd suggest that they soundproof the hallways instead. The front desk staff are fantastic, the cart helpers are courteous and extremely professional. It feels as if everyone has made this stay memorial for us, and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!

Saugatuck, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful golf, dated room.”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

A friend and I used a gift certificate to stay in one of the older rooms and play the Fazio "Premier" golf course. Room was fine and clean but dated as was the entire lodge building. The Fazio course was fabulous! Beautiful rolling land used imagineably and creatively in crafting 18 unique holes. Greens were in fine shape, medium fast and readable. In late August, we teed off at 8:30 and had the course to ourselves finishing in 3 1/2 hours.

Visited August 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
“We're back next year!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

the golf is very challenging but fair. The par 3 course is a riot and a great way to sharpen your short game. The room were huge, clean and comfortable. We're back next year for sure!!!

Visited August 2011
Grand Rapids, Michigan
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Very unique golf course, not as well conditioned compared to Shanty Creek Legend Cedar River”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Decided to finally try golfing Treetops considering the Gaylord area was offering a free golf week with a select motel purchase. They offer this the end of April and mid Oct. We were taking a foliage 3 day tour(way past peak BTW) and decided to play golf here with a stay at the Alpine Lodge and Baymont.(Baymont superior choice over Alpine,see my review)
The motel clerk books your tee time, be sure to be specific which course, being they were all highly acclaimed with 4.5 golf digest ratings we got the Fazio premier, our reservationist didnt offer us the Robert Trent Jones or Rick Smith Masterpiece alternatives.
I must be blunt here, yes the Fazio design (only one inMichigan) is very unique and layout very interesting with some blind shots, lots of undulations, self proclaimed "diabolical" greens which is true, and major hills, elevated tees,uphill shots, etc. I was disapointed with the conditioning as we played on 10/17 and there was a definite lack of maintainance as though they had given up for the season(as compared to the Cedar Creek/Shanty Creek course we played the next day) The course had not been watered at all and it had been dry, every tee seemed semi burnt out and broken tee, leaves ALL over the course and unraked traps( of whichthere are a TON of them)
I just was dissapointed with this being such a highly rated golf course,(top 100 u can play,4.5 star,etc.) certainly not worth the $60 late season rate charged for the walk on,( like I said we got free golf with a $90 OTD hotel room. Shanty Crks oil baron ownership obviously is spending $ on maintainance and blew the condition of this Treetops away.
I imagine with 20+ courses in the Gaylord golf mecca they are all fighting for biz but they certainly did'nt impress me with thier upkeep of the course, I'm glad it was "free". If you want a uniquely designed golf experience with a semi "tricked up,diabolical greens, and plenty of sand,with a lot of blind shots go for it, it is worth a visit but I recommend going in prime season and be ready to pony up $100+ for greens fees and cart(required and absolutely neccesary) Unless I can get a $100+/- lodging/all u can play pkg I won't be back, Palmers Legend and Weiskopt's Cedar are too much value.

1 Thank seescokid
Denver
“Spa Manicure”
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I received the absolute worst manicure I have ever received at the Sylvan Spa, once I left the spa I looked at my nails, the french manicure I received was a nightmare! I would strongly suggest anyone thinking about this service re think their choice