“My favorite restaurant in the area”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Gardenn city
“My favorite restaurant in the area”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I go to Toast every Sunday with some friends from church and it is honestly my favorite restaurant in all of Michigan. Their food is amazing, friendly waitstaff, and most importantly is its very very clean.

• Visited October 2012
6 Thank Linda1965x

Westland, Michigan
“Weekend Breakfast Best”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Saturday and Sunday they have a fantastic buffet. Everything is fresh and well prepared and very reasonably priced. Very fussy about cleanliness including the top of ketchup bottle, hot sauce etc. Very comfortable seating including booths. Always have very good service as well.

Visited September 2012
6 Thank Vartanoush
Dearborn, Michigan
“foods not bad”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

foods not bad but bring money for what this place is it is awful pricey all this place is is a big boy with a different name

Visited March 2012
2 Thank daoatman0475
dearborn
“Didn't want to admit or pay for their own mistake”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

On a Wednesday afternoon, my son, my Mom, and I went to Toast for lunch. The restaurant was not busy at all. My son ordered the country fried steak, and it was supposed to come with eggs, hash browns, and biscuits & gravy.
When it arrived - minus the biscuits, which are an important part of the dish, and I questioned it, the waitress told me she would bring some biscuits & gravy. She returned without them, and told us the menu had changed and she would have to charge us extra for biscuits. At that point my son had already eaten half his food, so we said forget it; I didn't want to pay extra.
Before we left, I checked the menu, and as it turned out, biscuits and gravy WERE supposed to come with the dish. I pointed this out to the waitress and said I wanted something taken off the bill for their mistake. She went to talk to the manager, came back and told us that the cook was new, it was his mistake, and the manager said he couldn't take anything off the bill, but we could have a free slice of pie.
At this point I asked to speak to the manager, and when he came out, he said he would take $1. off the bill. I said I wanted at least $2. off - after all a side order of biscuits and gravy on the menu was $3.50. He finally agreed to take 2 dollars off the bill, with no apology for the mistake. I advised that he familiarize himself with his own menu. I should have also told him to learn some manners. It was not a pleasant experience, although the food itself was tasty.
If I go back, it will be just for the breakfast bar.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jacqueline C
Detroit, Michigan
“I can't believe this deserves a spot on trip advisor!”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

It's hilarious to me to see this on Trip Advisor because I'd never even consider recommending this to visitors! This restaurant was great back when it was Big Boy! I have no idea why they changed names and broke off of the Big Boy chain. We went there a few times when it became "Toast" and simply didn't get it. It's just not the same. They had a lot of business as Big Boy, but we no longer visit. Disappointing as Big Boy was a family favorite and something that had been part of lives for years and years.

• Visited September 2011